At Danone, we believe that every time we eat or drink, we vote for the world we want. As a leading food and beverage company, we make healthy, sustainably-produced foods and beverages that nourish people#39;s lives. Some of our brands include Dannon, Activia, Horizon Organic, International Delight, Silk, Oikos, So Delicious Dairy Free, Stok, Two Good, Vega, and Wallaby Organic . And as the largest Certified B Corporation® in the world, we are committed to redefining success in business to ensure that through our brands we create real benefits for people, our communities, and the planet.
With headquarters in Broomfield, CO and White Plains, NY, Danone North America has more than 6,000 employees across the U.S. and Canada, and more than a dozen manufacturing facilities across North America. Our employees enjoy competitive pay and industry-leading benefits (including flexible (unlimited) time off and up to 26 weeks paid parental leave), and share a common mission and culture committed to both business results and social purpose. When you join Danone North America, you become part of a global team that is inspiring a healthier world through food.
Danone North America is looking for a Finance Analyst--Bridgeton in Bridgeton, TX.
The Financial Analyst will be responsible for inventory cycle counts, financial analysis, waste analysis, and product costing support. The Financial Analyst will aide with developing/maintaining financial models for forecast/budgets and analytical support. Successful candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to analyze and present complex data in an easy to understand format.
- Directly report to the Plant Controller with ad hoc assignments from Plant Leadership team
- Assist with preparation, processing and quality of month End Closing, including SAP transactions, close analysis and corporate file updates
- Participate in supervision of data quality and publish key performance weekly and monthly reports
- Review waste on a weekly basis; update MUV, scarp and inventory adjustments file weekly
- Analyzing, verifying and posting cycle count adjustments
- In conjunction with the Finance Team, coordinate annual Plant Budgets and forecasts preparation covering file preparation, team meetings, historical costs analysis and future cost trends
- Assisting with the activity of plant purchases, including understanding the Purchase Order process covering Plant Purchases as well as Spare Parts
- Work cross-functionally with the Continuous Improvement team and Operations leadership to understand and improve loss results; providing quality in reporting and analysis of trends
- Assist Controller in monitoring internal controls covering inventory, misc. cash, and fixed asset management and recommend course corrections where needed
- Other roles as required to ensure successful actions to accomplish team targets
- Assist in preparation of monthly variance reports on Plant cost trends to identify linear, mix, rate and other factors within Labor, Utilities, Plant Services, Other Cost, and Depreciation
- Seek opportunities to improve Plant accounting capability and processes
Preferred Candidate Qualifications:
Education and Experience:
Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting or Finance
2 years post-college experience in manufacturing-based financial analysis (preferred)
SAP (FI, CO, MM modules) proficiency
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Strong Excel (report formatting with automation/macros, data mining, functions)
Strong analytical and interpersonal support skills (Data driven and team engager)
Learning agility / comfortable in a fast-paced and highly flexible environment
Strong organizer who can handle constant interruption while keeping eyes on target
Ability to quickly summarize data and capture quickly changing assumptions
Experience in Dairy and/or Food manufacturing environment a plus
Skill set in understanding Labor constraints, Impact of scheduling on Cost a plus
Self-motivation and desire to progress to higher, more demanding roles within Finance
Danone North America is a Certified B Corporation business unit of Danone and operates in the U.S. from headquarter offices in White Plains, NY and Broomfield, CO. For more information, please visit DanoneNorthAmerica.com .
Danone North America is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Financial, ERP, Financial Analyst, SAP, QA, Finance, Technology, Quality