Mizkan Americas, Inc.
Job Title: FILLER OPERATOR
Reports To: Bottling Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
COMMENTS: This job description reflects assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
SUMMARY: Perform duties to set up & monitor filling & capping operations liquid filling lines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Work from production schedule & instructions
• Change over equipment on fillers & cappers: replace & adjust star wheels, guide rails & in feed screw, adjust speed & fluid pumps
• Monitor filler & capper adjusting volume & speed as needed
• PuU & discard low or over filled bottles
• Check & record filf weight & product temperature
• Monitor capping operations pulling uncapped bottles
• Clean & sanitize area as needed
• Responsible for food product quality and safety.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS (include physical attributes)
• High school diploma or G.E.O. preferred
• Be able to use weigh scale, thermometer & hand tools
• Ability to work respectfully and efficiently with others
• Continuous mental and visual attention is required to perform duties, involving repetitive or diversified work requiring constant alertness or activity
• Ability to lift up to 70##-
• Ability to read, write, add and subtract.
• Ability to work in extreme temperatures, working at heights and exposure to dust, gases, fumes and chemicals.