For Current Agropur Employees: Please apply for this job through the Career application of your Workday Home Page.
Job Type: Regular
Working at Agropur means being a member of an extended family where simplicity and honesty are part of everyday life, and where the management style is based on integrity, openness and autonomy. You too can join the Agropur family!
Who we are:
We are an employee-focused organization that promotes from within and are looking for enthusiastic, team-oriented employees to join our growing team. Founded in 1938, Agropur is a top 20 global dairy processor. In addition to being one of the largest award-winning cheese manufacturers, Agropur is a leader in high quality and diverse nutritional whey proteins. Agropur#39;s 10 US-based, SQF Certified plants are behind some of the most prominent food, beverage, and nutrition brands in the industry. Vertically integrated by design, Agropur provides future-forward solutions in the areas of cheese, ingredients, beverages, and custom contract manufacturing services. "Better Dairy. Better World.
What this role is all about:
We are looking for a Filler Operator I in Grand Rapids, MI to work 6:45 am to 6:45 pm.
The Filler Operator I is primarily responsible for the safe and efficient operation of their assigned production filler, associated process system and packaging equipment as necessary to ensure meeting production demands, minimizing product shrink and maintaining product quality requirements.
- Operate and monitor production filler equipment to ensure food safety, product quality and conformity to customer standards and specifications.
- Safely and efficiently set up, operate and clean filler machines/equipment as assigned.
- Be proficient in Sterilize-in-Place (SIP), operation and/or Clean-in-Place (CIP) of assigned filler machine.
- Perform basic clean, inspect and lube functions including basic Preventative Maintenance (PMs).
- Actively participate in startup, troubleshooting/adjustment, stop/reset and shutdown of line equipment; clearing jams and reporting malfunctions to Supervisor as needed.
- Perform changeovers and line clears; accurately setting up next item#39;s packaging and coding.
- Report out-of-standard/specification results to the Quality Department and Supervisor in a timely manner.
- Complete handwritten instructions and on-line documentation including Quality and Critical Control Point (CCP) checks accurately and at the required frequencies.
- Maintain accurate and detailed work logs and inventory records.
- Monitor and review inventory and production levels to achieve the most efficient operating conditions.
- Maintain assigned work area and production environment in a clean orderly condition; completing environmental cleaning requirements as needed.
- Actively participate in shift exchanges and work team meetings.
- Consistently meet production needs and goals while making efforts to minimize product shrink and downtime.
- Report unsafe conditions or other compliance issues to the Supervisor in a timely manner.
- Identify Critical Control Points (CCP).
- Understand and adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices and Standard Operating Procedures.
- This position requires the ability to work with dairy and nut products in addition to other related ingredients and allergens.
- Safety Protocol
- Stop any observed unsafe acts and obey facility safety rules and procedures.
- Correct or report any observed safety hazards.
- Support safety policies and programs.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
The Requirements (Minimum Qualifications):
- Ability to be Lockout Tagout (LOTO) certified.
The Extras (Preferred Qualifications):
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in a food manufacturing environment preferred.
What we offer you:
- Agropur offers its employees a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package focusing on your physical, financial and emotional health to include the following:
- Health, Dental and Vision options
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a 4% company match
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Health and Wellness Programs to include Wellness Incentives and Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for discretionary bonus#39; and discretionary 401(k) contributions based on Company financial performance.
- Paid Time Off Program, Holiday Pay and Bereavement
- An environment that upholds our five core values: Boldness, Collaboration, Communication, Excellence and Integrity
- Opportunities for advancement
- Training programs
- Employee Referral Program
- Community Involvement