As a Field Service Engineer at Marel your most important responsibility is to provide customer support for installed systems and new installations. You will develop the skills to test, diagnose, troubleshoot, repair, and debug electro-mechanical equipment and computer systems. This job is an attractive position for candidates who like the challenge of facing technical issues in front of demanding customers in the Poultry, Meat, and Fish processing/packaging plants across the U.S.
*This is a full-time, travel position (85%)*
What you’ll be doing:
- You will be ensuring that the Marel experience for customers match the Marel promise of superior performance, service, and quality with outstanding communication skills as you work closely with customer management, supervisors, etc. on complex problems and assume responsibilities for continued customer satisfaction.
- You will be trained to provide both technical phone support as well as via live onsite presence.
- You will work with electrical/pneumatic/embedded controllers/servo systems (dependent on experience)
- You will complete on-site evaluations, install machine enhancements, and appropriately test and calibrate parts to meet tolerances and product specifications.
- You will troubleshoot and perform break fix services to high technology food processing equipment.
- You will utilize excellent written and verbal communication skills with the willingness to learn how to make technical presentations and provide training.
What we are looking for:
- Two-years of technical trade or equivalent experience. Course work or prior work experience with troubleshooting, installing, and/or repairing electrical/pneumatic/embedded controllers/industrial machines.
- Possess or develop understanding of meat processing plants (meat, poultry, and/or fish) and knowledge of how interdependent equipment works within the applications is a plus.
- Must have mechanical aptitude with ability to use tools to maintain equipment and knowledge of electrical components and understanding of electrical current flow with the ability to identify and troubleshoot the same.
- The ability to read and apply schematics and flowcharts.
- Ability to qualify for a US Passport
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus.
- Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis
Typical Physical Demands: This position requires some standing, sitting, and walking. This position requires lifting up to 60lbs, occasionally, 25lbs repetitively. It requires manual dexterity, and normal range of hearing and vision. Position requires prolonged sitting, standing, bending, stooping, and twisting for 8 hours or more a day and lifting up to 60 pounds individually overhead, working on ladders and platforms, as well as repetitive hand, shoulder, and wrist motion.
Working Environment: Depending on assigned work, the environment in a plant is cold, hot, humid, and wet. Customer demands dictate work during early mornings, late nights, and weekends.?
Working at Marel means working at a multinational with many chances to develop yourself, take responsibility and show initiative. We offer an exciting job with a representative base salary, attractive secondary benefits in an international atmosphere that supports the company’s vision, and exhibit Marel’s core values Unity, Innovation and Excellence.
We offer you the opportunity to develop yourself. This starts on you first day. You will receive an extensive, well-prepared onboarding period, followed by a function-specific development track of one year. You will be guided by our organization, and an experienced coworker that will teach you the specialist knowledge of our advanced equipment. On an annual basis, you will create a personal development plan so your professional and personal development are always top of mind. Our informal culture offers you the opportunity to take your own responsibilities and show initiatives.