Drives and operates farm machinery to harvest field crops.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Loads and drives truck/trailer to transport farm equipment/machinery to specified locations.
- Attaches farm implements to tractor.
- Drives tractor to field and tows attached implement back and forth across field or between crop rows, manipulating levers that activate and position implement parts to harvest crops.
- Drives and operates self-propelled harvest machine to harvest crops.
- Adds oil, gasoline/diesel, and water to appropriate tanks on machinery.
- Troubleshoots and makes minor mechanical adjustments and repairs on farm machinery as needed.
- Will don personal protective equipment (PPE) before commencing work
- Follows all safety guidelines as set forth by the Company.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Some formal education preferred, but not required.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum one (1) year experience operating, maintaining, and repairing farm machinery.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules/signs, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures preferred, but not required.
- Some knowledge of basic mechanics, electricity, and welding preferred.
- Possess a valid/current driver’s license.
- Driving record must meet Company’s Fleet Safety Program requirements.
- Must be able to work extended hours (evenings and dawn).
- Must be able to work 6 – 7 days per week, including holidays.
- Must be able to travel and work away from home for extended periods of time (a month), if necessary.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand,
walk, use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls, and reach with
hands and arms. The employee is required to stoop, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; frequently lifts and/or
moves up to 25 pounds; and occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 100 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include peripheral vision, depth perception
and the ability to adjust focus.
This position will work in the outside weather conditions and is regularly exposed to cold, wet and/or humid conditions.