For Current Agropur Employees: Please apply for this job through the Career application of your Workday Home Page.
Job Type: Seasonal (Fixed Term) (Seasonal)
Working at Agropur means being a member of an extended family where simplicity and honesty are part of everyday life, and where the management style is based on integrity, openness and autonomy. You too can join the Agropur family!
The Feta Pail Packer Level 2 is responsible for packaging feta products in a safe and efficient manner; ensuring compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices and safe work practices.
Who we are:
We are an employee-focused organization that promotes from within and are looking for enthusiastic, team-oriented employees to join our growing team. Founded in 1938, Agropur is a top 20 global dairy processor. In addition to being one of the largest award-winning cheese manufacturers, Agropur is a leader in high quality and diverse nutritional whey proteins. Agropur#39;s 10 US-based, SQF Certified plants are behind some of the most prominent food, beverage, and nutrition brands in the industry. Vertically integrated by design, Agropur provides future-forward solutions in the areas of cheese, ingredients, beverages, and custom contract manufacturing services. "Better Dairy. Better World." www.agropur.com
What this role is all about:
We are looking for Feta Pail Packers/Laborers to join our growing team due to increased production demands. Our AM shift starts at 3am - pm with the PM shift starting at 3pm - 3am. These positions are considered seasonal or as summer helpers working May through September.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a general knowledge of the feta production process and procedures.
- Ensure that all products are packaged in the correct pail/box and labeled with the proper manufacturing date, vat number and any other necessary information.
- Ensure that all necessary paperwork is completed and passed on to the Production Supervisor properly and timely.
- Facilitate quality assurance tests such as scale checks and metal detector/X-ray checks.
- Work in a team environment to ensure proper function of all pail line equipment.
- Work with the packaging team to ensure proper sanitation of all packaging room equipment and conveyors.
- Work with the maintenance team to facilitate necessary preventative maintenance of packaging equipment.
- Assist in coordinating cooler organization and maintaining the cooler in good condition.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand and adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Safety Protocol
- Stop any observed unsafe acts and obey facility safety rules and procedures.
- Correct or report any observed safety hazards.
- Support safety policies and programs.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience preferred.
- Experience in a dairy or manufacturing environment preferred.
- Ability to read, understand, and adhere to documents and procedures (GLP, SOP, SDS, GMP, test procedures, and HACCP).
- Demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy in work.
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
- Basic computer operational skills; able to input and retrieve computerized information.
- Ability to follow written, verbal and diagrammatic instructions; complete simple checklists and complete required documentation.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Communicate well both verbally and in writing with managers and colleagues.
- Demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills.
- Decisions administered soundly and consistently with policies and in compliance with appropriate laws and regulations.
- Demonstrate functional and technical knowledge, ability to learn new skills quickly, and achieve a high level of accomplishment.
- Ability to solve problems by adapting knowledge and experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively at all levels in a collaborative team environment.
- Exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others and work to maintain constructive working relationships.
Our Weyauwega, WI, plant is home to approximately 200 employees. This facility produces award-winning feta and aged cheddar cheese as well as lactose and reduced lactose whey.
Weyauwega, WI, is a quaint rural community of 1,900 where there is the opportunity for both rural and urban living. If you enjoy the outdoors, this area provides many hunting, fishing, and boating opportunities within minutes of town. Visit the Weyauwega Chamber site http://www.weyauwegachamber.com for more information on local events.
AA/EEO - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity