For Current Agropur Employees:
Please apply for this job through the Career application of your Workday Home Page.
Job Type: Regular
Working at Agropur means being a member of an extended family where simplicity and honesty are part of everyday life, and where the management style is based on integrity, openness and autonomy. You too can join the Agropur family!
The Feta Pail Packer Level 2 is responsible for packaging feta products in a safe and efficient manner; ensuring compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices and safe work practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a general knowledge of the feta production process and procedures.
- Ensure that all products are packaged in the correct pail/box and labeled with the proper manufacturing date, vat number and any other necessary information.
- Ensure that all necessary paperwork is completed and passed on to the Production Supervisor properly and timely.
- Facilitate quality assurance tests such as scale checks and metal detector/X-ray checks.
- Work in a team environment to ensure proper function of all pail line equipment.
- Work with the packaging team to ensure proper sanitation of all packaging room equipment and conveyors.
- Work with the maintenance team to facilitate necessary preventative maintenance of packaging equipment.
- Assist in coordinating cooler organization and maintaining the cooler in good condition.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand and adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Safety Protocol
- Stop any observed unsafe acts and obey facility safety rules and procedures.
- Correct or report any observed safety hazards.
- Support safety policies and programs.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience preferred.
- Experience in a dairy or manufacturing environment preferred.
- Ability to read, understand, and adhere to documents and procedures (GLP, SOP, SDS, GMP, test procedures, and HACCP).
- Demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy in work.
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
- Basic computer operational skills; able to input and retrieve computerized information.
- Ability to follow written, verbal and diagrammatic instructions; complete simple checklists and complete required documentation.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Communicate well both verbally and in writing with managers and colleagues.
- Demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills.
- Decisions administered soundly and consistently with policies and in compliance with appropriate laws and regulations.
- Demonstrate functional and technical knowledge, ability to learn new skills quickly, and achieve a high level of accomplishment.
- Ability to solve problems by adapting knowledge and experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively at all levels in a collaborative team environment.
- Exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others and work to maintain constructive working relationships.
AA/EEO - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity