Are you looking for more than just a job? The culture at Mountaire is one of our greatest strengths and most valued assets. We maintain the same core values and family-focused work environment that we’ve operated with since day one. You will find that your peers, supervisor and team members are genuinely committed to, not only your success, but also working together to provide high-quality products to our customers. We are a service to one another and to our customers, demonstrating operational excellence and outstanding performance.
New hires that embrace our vision strategy can expect to share in the commitment to shape our success and have a path towards future growth opportunities within the company.
The feed mill quality control employee is responsible for inventory and lab test operations in the feed mill. This job also requires responsibility for conducting quality control functions for the quality of incoming ingredients, outgoing products, and maintenance of necessary records, procedures and functions. This is to assure the production of quality feeds from quality ingredients in a manner that will be accordance with the procedures established by the Manager, CGMPs and state and federal regulations. The QC employee is responsible for compliance with all company policies, Local, State, and Federal policies, laws and regulations.
- Take daily and weekly inventory of ingredients both bulk and bag and inventory of finished feed.
- Complete all necessary documents related to inventory.
- Prepare daily production and inventory reports.
- Provide weekly information for Gain/Shrink reports.
- Collect and prepare samples for outside testing.
- Conduct internal testing such as drug assays/ cooked starch/ salt/ protein/ moisture/ IPV/ fatty acids/ screen test/ PDI/ phosphorus/ calcium.
- Process checks such as mash and cooler/ moisture and temperature/ mixer profile.
- Prepare quality control report for all test results.
- Keep an accurate inventory of rail ingredients, both loaded and unloaded.
- Communicate with railroad to prevent problems.
- Track grain train from point of origin to the time of arrival to make sure all is ready for arrival.
- Keep up demurrage on cars to prevent undue cost.
- Review receiving receipts to make sure all paperwork is correct.
- Track mill downtime.
- Interface with purchasing to ensure flow of ingredients.
- Track roller/ die usage.
- Monitor bulk densities or ingredients and finished feed.
- Enter formula changes as required.
- Report daily boiler fuel consumption.
- Prepare and retain documentation necessary for CGMP compliance.
- Perform all duties in compliance with Mountaire Farms standards for safety.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Operate a forklift.
- A minimum requirement of a high school degree.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong math and deductive reasoning skills, mechanical aptitude, and working knowledge of computers especially Microsoft applications is required.
- Knowledge of feed manufacturing equipment operation and maintenance.
- Ability to lift 60 pounds, climb ladders, and operate a forklift.
- The position requires occasional work on weekends and being on call 24 hours a day.
- Must have the ability to read, write, and verbally communicate in English.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance – Your well-being is important to us!
- 401K – You are our future and we want to help you plan for yours.
- Education assistance – The more you know, the more you can help shape the company’s future.
- Profit sharing – We believe in contributing to the success of everyone.
- Vacation and holiday pay – We know you will love your job, but a good work life balance is important.