Are you looking for more than just a job? The culture at Mountaire is one of our greatest strengths and most valued assets. We maintain the same core values and family-focused work environment that we’ve operated with since day one. You will find that your peers, supervisor and team members are genuinely committed to, not only your success, but also working together to provide high-quality products to our customers. We are a service to one another and to our customers, demonstrating operational excellence and outstanding performance.
New hires that embrace our vision strategy can expect to share in the commitment to shape our success and have a path towards future growth opportunities within the company.
Position responsibilities include:
- Picks up and loads feed truck
- Transports feed to poultry farms accurately and efficiently
- Drive a tractor trailer while abiding by all Federal DOT rules and regulations
- Communicate with the dispatch office and growers while maintaining a professional courtesy
- Properly use, care for and maintain company utilities and supplies
- Follow company policy relating to Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Standard Operating Procedures, Housekeeping Program and Written Safety Policies
- Report unsafe conditions on the farm, at the feed mill or with the vehicle
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Active Class A CDL
- Minimum of 2 years verifiable tractor trailer experience
- Clean driving record
- Stable work history for the last 10 years
- Must be able to pass pre-employment medical, drug screen and background check
- Agricultural Industry experience a plus
- Repeatedly enter and exit cab of the tractor
- Physically open and close compartments of the trailer for 10 – 12 hours per day
- Be exposed to extreme temperatures
- Be exposed to wet and humid environments
- Work in all weather conditions
- Stand on multiple types of surfaces for extended periods of time
- Perform strenuous work in a dusty environment
- Climb stairs and ladder to load truck
- Reach, bend, stop, push, stand and walk pushing, pulling and/or lifting up to 50 pounds
- Exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally
- Make sound decisions at all times of the day and night
- Read and verbally communicate in English
- Work with, around and near machinery
- $3,500 sign on bonus!!!
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance – Your well-being is important to us!
- 401K – You are our future and we want to help you plan for yours.
- Education assistance – The more you know, the more you can help shape the company’s future.
- Profit sharing – We believe in contributing to the success of everyone.
- Vacation and holiday pay – We know you will love your job, but a good work life balance is important.