Mountaire Farms is a vertically integrated agricultural company headquartered in Millsboro, DE. Over the last decade we have seen significant growth in our business and have established a reputable brand in over 80 countries worldwide.
Each summer we welcome over 30 interns across our organization in multiple facets of the business. We are searching for a college student or recent college graduate to join our team as a Feed Mill Intern across Millsboro, DE, Westover, MD, Frankford, DE, and Statesville, NC complexes for Summer 2021. We are looking for an individual who values hard work, fresh ideas, and a commitment to Operational Excellence. At Mountaire we value trust, respect for each other, communication and sharing information.
To provide a meaningful work experience over a period of 10 weeks which is mutually beneficial to the Company and the successful intern candidate. Interns will be assigned a mentor and a project to be completed during their assignment. Interns will perform additional assignments; however, completion of the project will be the primary objective for the work experience.
Primary Project: This year’s project will have two main focuses: data collection on farm level as well as in the three mills on the shore as well as updating SOP’S, protocols .
- Colleting feed samples from farm level and Millsboro, DE, Frankford, DE and Westover, MD facilities, running set testing.
- Weekly compiling test data into excel and graph for review.
- Help management to establish a base line for summer levels of moisture in feed.
- Review existing feed mill policies to ensure compliance with the new regulations and make recommendations for changes where needed.
- With assistance from Management modify the written policies to reflect current requirements.
- Audit current practices for compliance and advise Mill Management on recommended practical improvements at Millsboro, DE, Frankford, DE and Westover, MD facilities.
- Become familiar with the requirements of third party accreditations such as Safe Feed/Safe Food (SFSF) and FSMA.
- Assist Feed Mill Management in preparing, scheduling and executing a update of SOP manual
- Meet with the regional operation manager of Feed Mill Operations on a regular basis to report on progress and to receive feedback.
- Ability to quickly learn, understand and dissect written Government policy
- Fluent in Micro-Soft Word and Excel and Power point
- Excellent spelling and grammar skills are necessary; technical writing skills strongly desired
- Work in a team environment, introduce new concepts and influence seasoned professionals
- Valid Driver’s License; must pass Mountaire Motor Vehicle Records check
- Travel required - 50-mile radius from Millsboro, DE
- Work in a Feed Mill, including dusty & hot environments; must be able to climb ladders and work at heights
- Must be currently enrolled and pursuing an Associate#39;s or Bachelor#39;s degree at an accredited College or University
Internship Type: On-Site
Schedule: Day Shift, Monday – Friday (7am-4pm)