Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into its second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
The function of the Feed Delivery Supervisor is to manage the feed delivery process so that the correct feed is delivered to our contract producers in a safe, timely and efficient manner, in accordance with Tech Services requirements, FDA CGMP’s, and FSMA & Sanitary Transportation requirements, as well as DOT regulations.
Normal Work hours are 7:00 AM – 5:00PM Mon-Friday, Weekend shifts as needed.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide leadership to the feed delivery team including feed schedulers, dispatchers, and contract/company drivers. Ensure feeding schedules are maintained within established guidelines
- Provide support to drivers regarding e-log compliance and support Fleet Safety policies and programs
- Investigate delivery accuracy concerns using all resources available including satellite tracking
- Provide daily, weekly, monthly reporting on key metrics as directed by management
- Work with the Bridgeville garage to coordinate PM maintenance of the delivery fleet
- Provide support and coordinate activities with other feedmill management including manufacturing, and maintenance
- Manage work schedules for drivers and delivery associates
- Hire replacement drivers and provide for adequate training and ramp in time to meet delivery needs.
- Provide coaching and discipline to Delivery associates.
- Identify Fleet needs and work with Mill Manager to establish annual lease requirements
- Investigate settlement issues, identify incorrect deliveries, and initiate steps for corrections
- Bachelors degree in Agriculture, Poultry Science, Agribusiness Management or related field.
- 5 plus years experience.
- Valid State driver license required.
- A general knowledge of computers, and familiarity with MS Office
- Ability to obtain proficiency with additional training in Labvantage, Beta Raven Mill Control System & Mill Master Database, PCQI for Food Safety, Crash Scene Investigation, Network Fleet, Drive Cam, J.J. Keller ELD’s & Encompass
- Mtech experience recommended
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
- Exposed to Environmental temperatures, weather, and air born dust, must wear personal protective equipment to include hard, hat safety boots and hearing protection
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders
- Must be able to work in an office environment.
- Ability to travel to and from facility locations.
- Position is mostly sedentary but may require occasional moving to other offices or buildings.
- Exposed to office equipment, outside weather conditions
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.