IL Oak Brook
Job Posting Title:
Federal Senior Tax Analyst
The Federal Tax Senior Analyst will work with internal and external resources in the preparation of the Company#39;s quarterly and annual tax provision, U.S. tax filing obligations, tax planning and M&A transactions. Collaboration and communication are necessary to work effectively with individuals within the Tax department, Finance, Operations, and external consultants.
Roles & Responsibilities
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Review of quarterly and annual U.S. and international tax provisions and ensure they are in accordance with U.S. GAAP/ASC 740.
- Assist with the compliance efforts of all tax accounting controls and documentation requirements for Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404.
- Assist with various aspects of FIN 48 - Accounting for Uncertainties in Income Taxes, including review of tax position memos and FIN 48 requirements.
- Review of the U.S. taxable income calculation and federal tax return, including international tax packages and informational reporting requirements.
- Review of extension and quarterly federal estimated tax payments
- Assist with federal tax audits (international as necessary).
- Assist with various tax planning and structuring projects.
- Assist with research and writing internal reports on various topics to support the Company#39;s tax positions.
- Review and maintenance of Tax Fixed Assets.
- Assist with continuous process improvements and integration of various aspects of the tax function to achieve optimal efficiency, effective controls and quality.
- Develop and maintain relationships throughout the finance organization to increase understanding of the business and keep current with transactions and/or other changes/activities that may affect the tax results.
Other areas of responsibility can include:
- Assist with preparation of tax rate forecasts.
- Support tax planning initiatives, credits & incentives opportunities, and special projects such as business acquisitions and divestitures and provide analysis of specific tax impacts; responding to questions from the business, monitoring tax law changes and participating in business process change initiatives.
- Internal Relationships: Communicates with Accounting, External Reporting, Treasury, and Financial Planning & Analysis departments throughout the year on a regular basis; with Legal, Human Resources, foreign-based regional headquarters personnel and other internal parties as issues & opportunities arise
- External Relationships: Collaborate with outside advisors on various tax matters; interact with independent auditing firm in support of company#39;s ASC 740 calculations
Skills, Experience and Education:
- Bachelor#39;s Degree Required - Type: Accounting or related field
Minimum Experience Preferred:
- 3 to 6 years in the corporate tax department of a publicly traded company or the tax group of a Big 4, or similar, public accounting firm with prior ASC 740 and federal income tax compliance preferred
- CPA and a graduate tax degree (or working towards a degree) preferred
- Experience developing written communication
- Experience with Microsoft Excel that includes Pivot Tables, Pivot Charts, Vlookups, and creating custom formulas
- Experience with OneSource Tax Provision, BNA Fixed Assets, and Alteryx a plus
- Minimal travel required
- Flexible hybrid work schedule
TreeHouse Use Only: ##IND1