Factory Maintenance Technicians work aboard at-sea processing vessels in the Bering Sea, Pacific Ocean, Gulf of Alaska and Aleutian Islands. They work under the Chief Engineer and conduct repairs, fabrication and maintenance in the factory and other parts of the ship.
The Factory Maintenance Technician will start out in shipyard in Seattle getting our new vessel, the North Star, ready for fishing in the Spring. Upon vessel commissioning will continue to work a rotation at sea in this position on board the vessel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Possess sound mechanical knowledge and experience, preferably from fishing vessels or similar processing equipment
- Install, maintain and repair vessel and factory equipment including pumps, motors, belts, and conveyors
- Modify, fabricate and repair factory equipment
- Maintain adequate and accurate inventory of necessary parts and supplies, under guidance of Chief Engineer
- Troubleshoot problems with equipment onboard the vessel and assesses to determine most effective and efficient means of repair
- Utilize tig, mig and arc welding skills to modify, fabricate and repair equipment as directed
- Understand and comply with all company safety policies and procedures
- Must be available to work both at sea and in the shipyard periods
- 2+ years experience working as a Factory Maintenance Technician or Oiler aboard a commercial fishing vessel preferred.
- 1+ year of welding experience.
- Experience troubleshooting equipment in a manufacturing setting preferred.
Physical Ability and Skills:
- Work 12 hours per day, 7 days a week in all kinds of weather conditions
- Understand instructions and safety rules in English
- Board and exit vessel without assistance by climbing up and down a gangway or Jacob#39;s ladder
- Capable of climbing and descending steep stairs and vertical ladders
- Perform repetitive tasks for long periods of time
- Be away from medical attention for up to 3 months
- Repeatedly lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Share spaces with others including crew quarters, dining areas and bathrooms
- Free Room and Board
- Eligible for 401K after 1 year
- Health/Dental benefits once eligibility requirements are met
- Crew Percentage Based
To Apply: Please visit our website at https://northstarfishing.applicantpro.com/jobs/ to complete an application and/or upload your resume.
North Star Fishing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.