Job Title: Facility Mechanic
FLSA Status (US): Non-Exempt
Reports To: Maintenance Manager
This position is responsible for assisting in maintaining the boilers as well as work with the chiller systems, air compressors, cooling towers, waste water treatment system, water softeners and other misc. duties pertaining to the operation and maintenance of an Aseptic Food beverage plant. Responsibilities to include taking care of all above equipment as well as conducting preventative maintenance, trouble shooting, and assisting with other projects as assigned. You will be working closely with others to help maintain a 24/7 operation where downtime is costly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Properly monitor the facilities boiler in accordance with state regulations. This includes standing watch in a 24/7 environment on either a fixed or rotating schedule
- Make rounds every two hours of the mechanical room and the air handling room, checking for any problems with the machinery
- Perform unscheduled and preventive maintenance building and facility and production equipment
- General facility upkeep such as repairing doors, walls, floors, ceilings and other related building duties.
- Organizes and maintains inventory of all supplies needed for facility maintenance.
- Responsible for monitoring Process and Utility systems and equipment to ensure continuous efficient and reliable operations
- Helps develop departmental standard operating procedures and maintains GMP and non-GMP equipment history files to develop preventative and predictive maintenance programs and procedures to reduce mechanical downtime and to ensure that breakdown and repairs are minimized.
- Comply with all Health and Safety programs adhering to all Quality Assurance System guidelines
- Participates in off-hours emergency coverage, as needed
- Performs scheduled and corrective maintenance of complex equipment and systems.
- Ensure compliance with quality system procedures related to the Facility equipment and general day to day operations
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by immediate supervisor
1st class boilers license
Minimum of a High school diploma or equivalent education and/or experience required
"Minimum of 1 - 3 years experience in equipment maintenance work with other trades (mechanical, electrical, HVAC and plumbing) for job continuity
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to follow written and verbal instruction.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of shop math.
- Knowledge of High Pressure Boiler Systems.
- Knowledge of HVAC Systems
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
Occasionally sit, frequently stand, walk, and use hands Frequently reach with hands or arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, and crouch, or crawl. Frequently talk or listen. Lift 26 to 50 lbs. 1-33% of the time. Carry 26 to 50 lbs. 1-33% of the time. Occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather). Frequently work near moving mechanical parts. Occasionally work in high places, occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. Occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. Occasionally exposed to extreme heat (non-weather). Moderate noise is typical for the work environment of this job.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice