Come be part of one of the biggest manufacturing expansion projects underway in the United States! In addition to our flagship plant we are building a manufacturing facility unlike any other in our industry. This new facility will increase our production campus to nearly one million square feet in Salina, KS.
Who we are!
Schwans Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron, Tonys, Big Daddys, Villa Prima and Freschetta pizza; Mrs. Smiths and Edwards desserts; and Pagoda Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwans,
What you will get from us:
- Opportunity to grow with a world class and growing food manufacturing company
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled
- Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of benefits
As a Facilities Training Manager you will be responsible for understanding, scoping, and executing training needs for existing and new employees to company standards while modeling those strategies and skillsets across multiple areas of a manufacturing plant to foster efficient cross-functional culture.
- Develops and owns comprehensive training modules, playbooks, and training sessions based on technical cultural and behavioral needs.
- Serves as the SME for the best in class learning tools and platforms that work seamlessly across utility systems, bakery, topping, and packaging areas.
- Provides 30-60-90-day training plan for effective vertical startup of operations that aligns that plan with the management team.
- Leads the technology transfer and training action plans for current and upcoming projects to integrate into plant systems.
- Maintains knowledge of emerging trends in needs, analysis, training, design, innovative training techniques, and evaluation process.
- Partners with Human Resource department for talent development and deployment for the best operational results.
- Builds a systematic approach to learning using people, processes, and technology to design and execute value added training solutions based on problem solving analysis.
- Partners with Operations and Human Resource teams to launch and manage communication strategies and mentors employee development activities.
- Defines criteria to assess, monitor, and report on the effectiveness and impact of training as well as opportunities for improvement and refines it as needed.
- Manages a team of training coordinators and directs them for timely milestone completion.
- Adheres to employee safety food safety and quality standards as applicable to duties and accountabilities.
What we need from you!
Education: Bachelor#39;s degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Training, Education, Instructional Design, or related field.
Years of Related Experience: 5+ years of related experience.
- Must have prior experience with deploying creative training learning & development solutions to manufacturing and/or related workforce.
- Must be familiar with a variety of concepts practices and procedures related to the field of training and development and adult learning.
- Prior experience in food manufacturing with exposure to USDA/FDA regulations strongly recommended.
- Ability to manage up to corporate partners.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Ability to calculate financial figures (product costing standards) and equipment performance.
- Intermediate personal computer skills including Microsoft Office. SAP experience beneficial.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees and upper management. Ability to effectively manage employees.