Feel Good Careers @ Sabra Dipping Company
Sabra started at a small factory in Astoria, New York, but we always knew we were onto something big. As a joint venture between Strauss Group and PepsiCo, we’ve grown to be the number one Hummus company in the world. If you have a real passion for food and think Hummus is as magical as we do, join our team.
We offer comprehensive benefits, a great company culture, and a diverse group of people who take ownership to create something awesome. We are committed to individuals ‘being at their best’ by bringing fresh ideas to the table and turning their passion for food into results that matter.
Dip into This Role
- Direct, supervise, and motivate assigned employees, regarding safety, quality, productivity, training, & GMP.
- Manage, Support, and Improve our site PSM (Process Safety Management) program
- Recommend the hiring & termination of hourly employees as necessary. Allocate manpower within company guidelines
- Manage facilities maintenance activities and resources
- Administer buildings and grounds service contract maintenance programs. This includes landscaping, security, utility systems, HVAC, fire life & safety, etc.
- Provide engineering support for in-house and contract facility maintenance and equipment. Act as technical expert on plant systems by managing facilities operations, analyzing information, and providing value added solutions.
- Manage and lead facilities, building improvement, and safety projects.
- Maintain engineering specifications, AutoCad drawings, and building record drawings
- Participate in the development, implementation, and enforcement of security and site policies and procedures.
- Responsible for site environmental reporting, including county wastewater reports, DMR Reporting, EPA reporting (SARA / Form R), Site Permitting, SWPP, SPCC, etc…
Recipe for Success
- 4 year Baccalaureate of Science degree in engineering
- 3-5 years Facilities Experience
- 2-5 years Supervisor/Management Experience Preferred
- Knowledge of: operation and maintenance of facilities system
- Ability to: prioritize, schedule, coordinate, and implement facility system work and maintenance by both employees and contractors. Evaluate the appropriateness of cost estimates and service contracts prepared by other sources (vendors); deal courteously and effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds, including staff, vendors, craft workers, and supervisors.
- Must speak clearly and effectively to give oral instructions, answer questions and explain work-related information; prepare reports, memos, and related documents in a clear, concise and understandable manner to supervisors, vendors, craft workers and others.
- Knowledge of PSM, Refrigeration, Waste Water Treatment, Compressed Air Systems, and Boiler Systems Preferred
- Use of a PC to access information from a database including extracting, and computing information utilizing Word, SAP, and Excel.
We celebrate an inclusive environment and provide equal opportunity for development and advancement. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.