Reports to: Director of Operations Fabrication
FLSA Status: Salaried Exempt
Manages Fabrication to ensure all safety and quality processes are delivering on company objectives. Provide leadership and expertise to fabrication to achieve all production targets, yields, labor and performance to achieve goals.
What You Would Be Doing
- Provide leadership for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term departmental objectives.
- Promotes a safe working environment following company, state and federal safety policies, regulations and laws.
- Coordinates, manages and monitors the productivity of the supervisors within the Fabrication department.
- Manages all carcass breaks and specifications to achieve quality and yield targets
- Lead and motivate multi-disciplinary teams and develop an effective production team.
- Improve processes and policies in support of organizational goals for all departments for quality and customer service.
- Ensure that department meets national and international compliance standards.
- Implement quality improvement principles to the production process and increase employee productivity.
- Coordinates with the quality assurance personnel to ensure acceptable standards and generates positive feedback from customers.
- Prepares and controls operational budget plans and effective strategies for profitability.
- Assist in the development of strategic plans for operational activities and operational capital..capital.
- Facilitate coordination and communication between IT, HR, Accounts and Finance departments.
- Supervise all staff.
- Manages all administrative functions for the department, such as crewing levels, job cross training and development plans.
- Report daily results and initiatives
- Directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and correcting employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Manages yields tests.
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS REQUIREDWhat We Are Looking For
- Critical thinking, problem solving, planning and organizational skills.
- Acceptable Microsoft Office skills.
- Effective Communication skills.
- Team workTeamwork.
- Conflict Management
- Industry relevant experience and extensive knowledge of beef cuts in production process.
- 10+ years relevant experience.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The plant environment will include wet or humid conditions (non-weather related), extreme cold and heat (non-weather related), working near moving mechanical parts, exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and chemicals.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud when in the production area.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear.
What We Offer
- We foster a culture that is saturated in hard work, but still team focused. We offer 100% of employee medical insurance premium paid by the Company. Additional benefits offered include dental, vision, life insurance, Short Term and Long-Term Disability - Holidays as well as Paid Time Off/Vacation.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.