Operate soy base process and machines associated with the process. Follow written and verbal instructions to insure quality and efficiency standards are being met. Assume responsibility for the soy processing area efficiencies, safety, quality and effective communication relevant to shift and plant performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities\:
- Coordinate, set-up, CIP, monitors and operate the process equipment to maximize the quality of products produced and the efficiency of the department.
- Maintain a clean and organized workstation.
- Perform routine maintenance on all process equipment
- Relieve other production team members for breaks and absences as required
- Perform a variety of quality checks (weight checks, machine checks, quality & integrity checks) to assure standards are met
- Troubleshoot and resolve basic to moderate operating difficulties involving area equipment
- Accurately prepares and maintains all area paperwork
- Work with Management team to monitor the operational efficiencies, yields, scrap loss and other key indicators to actively seek ways to improve plant productivity
- Follows all plant safety rules
- Reports all accidents to the production supervisor
- Serves an active role in the plant safety program by attending safety meetings, participating in monthly safety inspections and reporting any potential safety hazards to the safety committee or Management team
- Adheres to all Quality Assurance System guidelines
- Follows SOPs for soy base shipment, equipment operation, and make machine adjustments.
- Responsible for compliance with the HACCP program
- Responsible for accurate documentation
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Cooperates with other shifts and the management team in housekeeping endeavors
- As a member of the Production team, insures the effective shift communication and teamwork with the other operators occurs each scheduled shift
- Maintains effective communication with members of the support group
Teamwork and Training
- Promotes and contributes to the development of teamwork among production team members
- Assist in coaching and training employees as requested by the management team
- Continuous improvement of knowledge of the soy base process
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong troubleshooting and mechanical skills
- Good basic math skills required
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Detail orientated
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to frequently lift up to 25lbs and occasionally lift up to 50lbs
- Willingness to increase knowledge of the soy base process in order to advance to higher level
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Preferably at least two years experience in food manufacturing.
Knowledge and Skills\:
Candidate must possess the knowledge and understanding of basic math skills including weight calculations, averages and percentages. Must be able to read and write in English.
None as part of normal job requirements; but travel may occur per management due to training needs.
Work Environment/Physical Demands\:
Approximately; 100% of work is performed in a manufacturing facility which is not climate controlled and may contain allergens. Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds, climb stairs and stand for long periods of time.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice