North America 3rd Party Distribution and Project Manager
Formalize higher level procedures and processes across all warehouse operations to support internal and external customers. Identify and implement process improvement opportunities, primarily where each of the functional areas within the Supply Chain overlap. Monitor all third party warehouse operations for both Glanbia Foods (GFI) and Glanbia Nutritions (GNIT), specifically in the areas of food and employee safety, inventory management, order fulfillment requirements, key performance metrics (kpi), best warehousing practices, etc. Manage the external warehouse service providers in accordance to contract, performance to kpi s and quarterly reviews. Analyze and develop process improvements on all order fulfillment practices across the company.
- Monitor and develop system functions of all third party and internal warehouses at each facility and standardize major processes across facilities, where appropriate for both GFI and GNIT
- Manage the relationship with Warehouse Manager, Plant Managers, and act as the primary liaison with our external warehouse providers.
- Conduct regular visits and hold meetings with all third party warehouse locations to review operational performance.
- Develop and lead the culture of change management with both third party and internal warehouse teams that diplay behaviors that support a world class customer service operations and actions that model a can-do attitude.
- Innovate, lead and maintain control of initiatives related to costs, quality, service and safety.
- Provide prompt responses to customer inquiries, requests, notifications and issues.
- Lead or support procedural changes within areas of the supply chain to constantly improve the operation and communication between departments.
- Assist as a liaison between GFI and GNIT third party warehouse locations and Glanbia sales staff in situations where planning or procedural changes should be implemented or adjusted.
- Provide investigative support and corrective actions to QA department and/or sales department when customer complaints are received that may possibly relate to product quality that was compromised by third party warehouse procedures.
- Give formal presentations to internal or external parties to communicate with a broad audience.
- Organize cross-functional Daily Ops meetings with Warehouses, Customer Service & Transportation departments to drive results and aid communication.
- Oversee inventory cycle counting programs at all third party warehouse sites to ensure accuracy of inventory figures at internal and external warehouses.
- Develop and maintain procedures between Glanbia and the third party warehouses to increase efficiencies and improve the accuracy of our systems#39; inventory levels.
- Formally communicate (verbal and written) to any suppliers or third party warehouse providers when dealing with issues brought on by these external organizations.
- Initiate claims to third party warehouse providers and maintain records of each claim to ensure payment to Glanbia.
- Identify and monitor service level requirements of all third party customers to make sure they are being satisfied; or identify why these levels are not being achieved.
- Identify and monitor Key Performance Indicators for all third party warehousing operations via weekly scorecard and quartly reports.
- Liaison with Operations and Sales personnel to ensure that supply chain requirements are being satisfied.
- Lead special supply chain projects as assigned.
- Work with the QA department when refining processes within the supply chain to ensure quality measures are consistently met.
- Must have extensive knowledge of SAP.
- Ensure Glanbia audits are performed at the external storage locations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Requires a Bachelor#39;s degree from four-year college or university; or four to seven years related experience and/or training.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Human Resources
- Intermediate personal computer skills, including electronic mail, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Typical Physical Activity
- Regularly involves talking or listening, sitting, and the use of hands and fingers.
- Frequently involves reaching with hands and arms, standing and walking.
- Occasionally involves crouching, stooping, kneeling and/or climbing or balancing.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, and work with the fingers.
- Involves moderate physical activity performing somewhat strenuous daily activities of a primarily administrative nature.
Typical Environmental Conditions
- Will be exposed to moderate noise levels (i.e. office equipment, warehouse equipment and truck traffic).
- May work in areas with mechanical moving parts and occasionally in areas of loud manufacturing noise.
- Minimal overnight travel (up to 25%) by land and/or air.
- Regular road travel between Glanbia-Idaho facilities.
At Glanbia, we celebrate diversity, because we know that our individual strengths make us stronger together. We welcome and encourage interest from a wide variety of candidates, and we will give your application consideration, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, or disability status.
At Glanbia our culture will celebrate individuality, knowing that together we are more.