The Corporate Export Coordinator supports the Company’s efforts to comply with export regulations. This role will assist in the development and maintenance of export related policies and procedures in accordance with APHIS and other agency requirements. Primary responsibility will be held for the processing of export paperwork while coordinating with the manufacturing plants, customer service team,
and shipping groups.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Work with USDA, APHIS office to prepare paperwork, coordinate export inspections for all Alphia.
- Assist in and retain export records in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, procedures, and work instructions.
- Timely preparation of all required documentation for export functions.
- Works with the Customer Service Team to answer customer inquiries and pre-export requests.
- Provided excellent customer service throughout the export process including quick responses to inquiries and problem resolution.
- Review and understand each country’s IREGs for export requirements.
- Assist customer with Country Registration Documentation
- Prepare shipping documents for export loads (Health Certificate, Affidavit, etc.)
- Support plant documentation set-up as masters and forward set-up file to plant personnel assigned to export documents
- Address and correct any paperwork issues with loads in transit or held at a country boarder.
- Access and/or maintain ingredient lists with country of origin references for exported products.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: (To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required).
- Education: High school diploma or GED required. Associates degree preferred.
- Experience: 1+ years of experience in a field related to export is preferred.
- Proficient in using computers and software (Microsoft Office Suite, for example).
- Must be organized in record keeping and file retrieval.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Ability to work through problems involving variables.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Possesses good verbal and written communication skills
(The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function. The phrases “occasionally,” “regularly,” and “frequently” correspond to the following definitions: “occasionally” means up to 25% of working time, “regularly” means between 26 and 75% of working time, and “frequently” means 76% and more of working time.)
The employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel, to manipulate keys on a keyboard and view data on a computer screen. The employee is occasionally required to stand, climb stairs, walk, reach with arms and hands. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Occasional travel and overnight stays required.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
Occasional extended work hours may be required. Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic, plant background noise). The job is performed under a generally hazard free environment.
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation.