Position Scope: Oversee the hot kitchen production staff to provide quality food and service to airline customers including menu presentations
- Degree or certification from cooking or culinary College or program
Knowledge or Experience Requirements
- Hospitality skills that have developed in roles that require high levels of service.
- Culinary skills including menu design, Garde Mange and creating innovative dishes.
- All aspects of supervision of similar number of staff members.
- Food safety standards for food production work spaces.
- Financial skills for managing budgets, food and labor costs including scheduling hours.
- Computer skills for Microsoft office programs – Word and Excel.
- Manage customer presentations and requirements including scheduling, budgets, menu design, and food preparation, with the highest level of hospitality service standards. These activities include catered events and VIP flights.
- Teach, coach and mentor culinary staff to prepare menu items to a high standard.
- Work effectively as a team member of the unit management team.
- Keep kitchen clean to required standards directly and through supervision of staff.
- Manage quality standards for all aspects of food production against acceptable food preparation and customer specifications.
- Manage budgets for food and labor costs including schedules for area of responsibility.
- Customer satisfaction with menu design and presentation.
- Budgeted labor and food costs achieved with adjustments for airline changes.
- All FSQ standards and procedures maintained at all times.
- Maintain positive and safe work environment.
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- Culinary expertise in International Cuisine is required.
- 5 Years Minimum experience in Food Production.