Dewey’s Bakery is an established company since 1930. Dewey’s Bakery has had the privilege of offering customers deliciously sweet and savory treats that reflect the local flavors we love. Our products are baked with care, and our passion is creating moments that bring people together to slow down, celebrate life and enjoy the moment.
An employee in this position will perform a high level of administrative tasks and support our company’s Chief Executive Officer, Chief Human Resources Officer and senior level executives. To be successful in this role, you must be a highly motivated, self-starter with great time management and organization skills.
This position is full time with competitive benefits package, paid time off and paid holidays. Normal working hours will be Monday – Friday from 8AM until 5PM.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides high-level administrative support and assistance to the CEO and other assigned leadership staff.
- Performs various administrative and office tasks including creating reports, maintaining records, ordering supplies, and coordinating calendar.
- Assembles and distributes board packages; gathers and distributes reports and information to key stakeholders.
- Arranges travel and accommodations for executives.
- Prepares internal and external communications, such as memos, emails, presentations, and reports.
- Screens and directs phone calls; distributes correspondence; maintains employee files.
- Participates on the Culture Team and assists in planning and coordinating employee events.
- Creates and maintains monthly newsletter.
- Coordinates the onboarding for new employees including background check/drug screen process, new hire paperwork and entering employees into payroll system.
- Maintains internal records, which may include preparing, issuing, and filing company documentation – such as sick leave, maternity leave, disability claims, etc.
- Prepares various Human Resources document, including company policies, SOPs,
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and company policies.
- Assists employees with benefit related questions, issues, and changes.
- Enters new employees into Benefits system.
- Initiates new benefits enrollments and ensures they are completed in a timely manner.
- Manages 401K distributions and employee changes.
- Assists with annual benefits enrollment process.
- Manages FLMA, STD and LTD requests
- Manages all changes in the HRIS system (e.g., reporting relationships, titles, salaries, direct deposits, etc.)
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 2 to 4 years’ experience in Executive level administrative support
- 1 to 3 years’ prior experience in Human Resources
- Associate Degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Highly proficient in PowerPoint
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and related Office applications
- Experience in set up and utilization of virtual meeting technology (Zoom, Go to Meetings, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Extensive knowledge of office administration, clerical procedures, and recordkeeping systems.