Our local manufacturing client in Waterloo, IA is looking for an Estimator who will be responsible for analyzing blueprints, specifications, proposals and other documents. This Estimator is preferred to have fabrication and welding experience!!!
- Prepare estimates used for management purposes such as planning, organizing and scheduling work, preparing bids, selecting vendors or subcontractors and determining cost effectiveness by computing cost factors.
- Prepare quote spreadsheets by reviewing data to determine material and labor requirements.
- Consult with clients, vendors of other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Prepare concept drawings or sketches to better estimate work time and final cost.
- Analyze blueprints, specifications, proposals and other documentation.
- Associates Degree is preferred or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years of estimating experience in a fabrication/machining/welding manufacturing process or environment.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Paid Holidays
Fabrication, estimator, management, documentation, proposals, cost effectiveness, cost factors