We have an ERP Coordinator job opening in Monroe, NC this person would be required to live in or around the Monroe area, standard relocation will be offered. This is a 3rd Shift, Chicken Slaughter & Processing Plant with a total of 72 employees. This team member must know, understand, and be able to communicate the ERP principles to team members in the program, and is responsible for ERP’s execution and success in the plant. Bilingual candidates encouraged to apply!
Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Hourly Non-Exempt
Reports To: Site Manager
Work Schedule: Varies by location
Amount of Travel Required: 0-10% required (support help)
Positions Supervised: No direct reports
This position leads PSSI’s Employee Retention Program “ERP” in plants with generally greater than 50 team members. A person in this position is responsible for executing PSSI’s ERP policies for trainees and trainers. This team member must know, understand, and be able to communicate the ERP principles to team members in the program, and is responsible for ERP’s execution and success in the plant.
To be qualified to perform an ERP Coordinator job, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Guarding the Front Door – Hiring Selectivity:
- Meet with the local workforce office, cooperate with non-profits, recommend paid advertising, and work with offsite recruitment location to attract applicants.
- Ensure that all screening requirements are completed and the recruitment/retention tracker is maintained: Show applicants the New Applicant Video, conduct interviews, review work history, define essential job functions and explain the benefits of a career with PSSI.
- Manage 24-Hour Experience
- Conduct initial orientation, complete new hire paperwork and issue the 30-day Challenge.
- Introduce new hire to trainer, debrief at the end of the first night, and make a 24-hour follow-up call to new hire.
- Qualification – “EARNING THE WHITE HAT”
- Ensures that all new hires will be trained consistently through use of the ERP Training cards.
- Ensures that all team members receive the entire safety training during their first 30 days
- Selection and Preparation of Trainers
- Coordinate with Operations to designate trainers in the plant to new hires.
- Ensure trainers are designated with lime green hats and utilize the daily training cards.
- Initiate paperwork for the trainer bonus of $100 for each new hire that is qualified.
- Maintain the New Hire/Trainer Whiteboard.
- Ensure that Trainer Overlock is taking place through routine audits.
- Sustaining the Culture
- Schedule and attend three weekly meetings to ensure the culture of ERP withstands: weekly debrief with Site Management Team and new hires, plus weekly training and debrief with trainers
- Assist SM with improvements needed to the ERP program identified during ERP Assessments
- Conduct exit interviews to both determine the reason for leaving and collect PPE. Initiate the PPE Deduction form to Payroll in a timely manner for team members who do not return company issued equipment to be deducted from final paycheck.
JOB PERFORMANCE MEASURES
- Meet plant’s quarterly retention goals
- Passing ERP Progress Assessment