Who are we?
Michigan Milk Producers Association (MMPA), established in 1916, is a member owned and operated dairy cooperative. MMPA serves approximately 1,600 dairy farmer members in Michigan, Indiana, Wisconsin and Ohio. The dairy cooperative, the 10th largest in the U.S., employs approximately 320 people in four states.
MMPA markets nearly 5 billion pounds of milk annually to fluid milk customers and food ingredient manufacturers. MMPA operates two manufacturing plants in Ovid and Constantine, Michigan and a cheese plant in Middlebury, Indiana. Products made at the Michigan plants include butter, ultra-filtered milk, powdered milk, cream and condensed skim milk. These products are sold to a wide range of food manufacturers who make end-use products such as candy, ice cream, pudding, baked goods, cheese and yogurt.
About the position:
Provides technical support for the ERP system, including configuration, testing, integration, reporting and security. Additionally, the position includes interaction with end to gather requirements, build solutions, resolve issues and coordinate testing and validation. The scope of work in this capacity includes both projects with starting and ending dates as well as ongoing support with consistent standards and routine best practices.
- Develop project deliverables such requirements documentation, functional design documents and test plans.
- Takes initiative to work with business user and technical team members on system requirement gathering, analysis, design, configuration, testing and implementation.
- Gather and document requirements. Develop functional design documents. Work with developers in implementation of technical design documents. Ensures the technical design conforms to functional requirements.
- Understands the capabilities of the D365 ERP platform and knows how to configure it to meet the business needs.
- Confer with developers, business users, and others to develop usable technical solutions for end-user adoption and productivity improvement.
- Evaluate and recommend business process and technology driven enhancement opportunities based on application system upgrades, releases and patches.
- Ability to effectively analyze and resolve simple to moderate issues.
- Provides well-written and effective professional and technical documentation.
- Independently manage individual work effort, including developing, executing, and monitoring of a work plan in addition to assisting work efforts of others.
- Internal management reports related to IT issues, including but not limited to system updates, integrations, data base, analytical trends, information demands and other related issues, in accordance to the operational guidelines, along with suggestions for improvements.
- Primary technical support interface for the ERP with the business areas for issues, upgrades, training and enhancements.
- Maintenance of adequate flows of information between all business areas and corporate stakeholders.
- Appropriate security and disposal of corporate inventories.
- Operational gains in terms of workflow efficacy, resource utilization and service excellence.
- Establish and follow a best practices methodology for the ERP environment.
- Familiarity with SQL Reporting (SSRS, SSAS and SSIS).
- Design and development of financial and operational reports utilizing Power BI with visualizations representing findings and insights from datasets.
- Bachelor#39;s degree with a minimum of 4 years related work experience. Degree in information technology, industrial engineering or engineering, business preferred. Demonstrated skill and experience in supporting the D365 ERP system.
- Microsoft Dynamics 365, AX 2012, 2009: Data Conversion, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Cash and Bank Management, Inventory Management, Warehouse Management, General Ledger, Budgeting, Production Control
- Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Management Reporter 2012 (Reporting Tool), Bi360 (Reporting Tool), PowerBI
- Understanding and experience with Dairy Costing, and Dairy Production
- Ability to create Business Requirement Documents for developers to use in modifications and has experience working in various Microsoft Dynamics AX releases
- Experience with Visio, flow diagrams, SharePoint or other collaboration tools
- Prepare extensive documentation and training materials, as well as conducted major user specific training sessions and Conference Room Pilot illustrations
- Understanding of project manager principles
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Efficient time management.
- Ability to learn, understand and apply new technologies.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience in system designs and workflow, identifying solutions, multi-tasking and managing multiple types of support activities, successfully interacting with clients, problem solving and initiating corrective project actions.
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer