CSS Farms, a multi-state agricultural business, strives to provide innovative solutions and superior quality and service to our customers. We proudly and relentlessly continue to meet the highest standards of stewardship when it comes to the three things we value most: our land, our employees, and our communities.
We are a team-oriented company with a high trust, entrepreneurial culture. We value our employees#39; opinions, we have a strong work ethic, and are focused on growing great vegetables and developing our operations profitably. People who are most successful at CSS Farms are energetic, self-directed, and pragmatic.
The Equipment & Operations Intern works closely with the CSS Farms Equipment Management Team to support and learn hands-on skills related to farm operations. As the Equipment & Operations Intern, you will gain exposure to all facets of our chip potato operation through field work, research projects, and educational opportunities.
In this role, you will:
- Support the site Equipment Manager with maintenance, repair, calibration, and operation of field equipment
- Assist with fabrication, modification, and solving technical problems on equipment
- Participate in equipment sourcing and purchasing
- Provide support for equipment related inventory
- Assist with planting, harvesting, and irrigation management as necessary
- Give and receive real-time performance feedback to further your growth and leadership development.
- Take on other tasks and responsibilities, as needed.
- Walking and working outdoors in the elements.
- Driving between farm sites to move samples and other supplies.
- Regularly lifting objects of up to 40-50 lbs.
Expected Hours of Work
- Mid-May through Mid-August (Start and End Dates are Flexible based on Candidate#39;s schedule)
- Typical, daily farm hours are 7 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday, with occasional hours outside this window during peak times (Planting/Harvest).
- Are pursuing an Associates or Bachelor#39;s degree in agricultural engineering, agribusiness, crop science, mechanized systems management, equipment maintenance, or a related field.
- A valid driver#39;s license or the ability to obtain one and pass vehicle insurance verification
- Ability to understand and operate computerized equipment
- Are generally tech savvy and can use basic software systems such Excel, Word.
- Possess excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Are an excellent communicator; asking for and valuing positive and constructive feedback in an effort to grow within your role and career.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Receive a competitive pay package
- Paid Holidays
- Use of a company vehicle, when applicable
- Reimbursements for eligible travel expenses
- Participate in real-world farming equipment and maintenance management from a leading, US potato company.
- Make valuable contacts within the industry who can assist you with your career development, now and in the future.
- Gain an understanding of the entire business, including operations, employee management, and logistics by spending time with Farm, Equipment, and Operations Managers.
CSS Farms is an EOE.
CSS Farms expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.