Industrial Manufacturing Company is looking for:
POSITION: Manager, Environmental/Wastewater
LOCATION: Maywood California 90270 (Los Angeles Area)
SALARY: $100-115K + Bonus + Pension after 5 years
EXPERIENCE: 3+ Years experience managing people in environmental in wastewater treatment; prefer air permitting and PSM but not required
RELOCATION: Relo Package Available
The Manager will manage an integrated environmental team that engages operations and maintenance personnel to implement a successful environmental program. The position will be responsible for ongoing compliance with applicable federal, state, and local environmental regulations that apply to air emissions, wastewater and storm water effluent, hazardous materials including PSM that are managed and manufactured onsite, and hazardous waste that is generated.
• Provide team leadership, risk management guidance, project evaluation, professional development, and strategic support.
• Play a strong role in strategic planning for project implementation and/or change and risk management within the management team.
• Provide and/or facilitate guidance and expertise on environmental issues, legislation and best practices. Facilitate clear roles and responsibilities for compliance matters.
• Develop compliance systems and processes to implement environmental strategy and continuously drive environmental performance.
• Evaluate compliance trends and identify major risks and potential compliance issues for refinery operations.
• Oversee incident root causes and actions to prevent recurrence. Assess implementation of environmental activities/programs and report progress.
• Manage the professional development of department staff; connect staff to other experts in the organization; act as a staff advocate; provide guidance and mentoring to staff to help them successfully complete their work on time.
• Develop and implement administrative duties and financial management of the unit.
• Develop and implement key policies and procedures such as contractor management, workload management and staff assignment, development, project management, and risk management decision-making.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• The successful candidate will have demonstrated leadership and expertise in managing environmental programs at operation in California.
• The individual will have strong skills in managing environmental compliance issues for complex refining operations that operate in an urban setting.
• Minimum 3+ years of experience managing the environmental function for industrial operations located in California.
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills within the corporate, regulatory, and urban setting.
Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in engineering or environmental science.
Send resume to CONEAL@judge.com