Perdue AgriBusiness is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it#39;s second century of growth and innovation. An international agricultural products and services company, we handle agricultural commodities and have a diverse portfolio of products and businesses.
Coordinates the day to day requirements necessary to ensure compliance for all local, state, and federal environmental laws. Performs environmental testing, record keeping and reporting as required. Provides technical support on environmental issues to facility and operational managers and supervisors. Provides technical and operational production support necessary for compliance with applicable permits and regulations.
This is a day shift position with a Tuesday through Saturday schedule. This position typically works a 7am to 3pm schedule with flexibility for the Saturday hours.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures day to day production activities are conducted in accordance with the environmental requirements established by permits and local, state, and federal laws and regulations
- Conducts environmental compliance testing
- Conducts environmental audits to ensure compliance with all permit requirements, laws and regulations
- Maintains environmental records to ensure compliance with permit requirements, laws and regulations
- Assists in developing environmental reports required by local, state, and federal laws and regulations
- Assists facility and operational managers to ensure waste disposal and spill responses are in compliance with local, state, and federal laws and regulations
- Assists facility in operation of powered equipment needed for housekeeping and storm water compliance
AA degree in Environmental Science or Biological Sciences or related field. In lieu of AA degree, work experience may be considered.
2 - 4 years experience. Understandig of local, state and federal environmental laws and regulations. Understanding of standard software applications. Strong communicaton, math, organizational and analytical skills. Valid Driver#39;s license.
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
Able to move freely throughout AgriBusiness facilities to include climbing vertical heights (0 - 150#39;), carrying tools and equipment (0-50 pounds), exposure to extreme temperatures (0-100 Degrees Fahrenheit), humidity, (0 - 100%), noise (50db to 100db) and chemicals (SDS sheets available). Able to communicate on the telephone and use standard office equipment.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.