Environmental Manager, Sag - Tate & Lyle Specialty Food Corn Wetmill - Lafayette, Indiana
Tate & Lyle is looking for an environmental leader driven to improve lives for generations and to inspire all employees to minimize our environmental impact, which continues to be a top priority for us. If this sounds like you, we are hiring.
We#39;re seeking an Environmental Manager at our food specialties corn wetmilling facility in Lafayette, Indiana to lead the site to environmental excellence.
Responsible for delivering environmental compliance with applicable legal, EHS excellence, and sustainability requirements, the ideal candidate will demonstrate abilities and have experience in these focus areas:
- Employee engagement in environmental impact understanding and control
- Compliance assurance management system development and maintenance
- Environmental risk management
- Air emission engineering
- Environmental permit acquisition, modification, and renewal
- RMP & DOT HazMat chemical management
- Energy, water, and waste eco footprint optimization & minimization
- Community outreach
Skills and experience required
- Bachelor#39;s degree in Chemical or Environmental Engineering, Environmental Management or Science, or other related field.
- 5 years of environmental working experience in heavy manufacturing or construction environment.
- Experience demonstrating measurable results in continuous improvement of environmental compliance and environmental culture
- Demonstrated ability to understand environmental legal requirements
- Experience with implementation of ISO 14001
- Metrics- and performance driven
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Experience auditing compliance performance and EHS management systems
As a member of the Management Team the Environmental Manager shares overall responsibility for:
- Leading, modelling, and area accountability of adherence to global / local EHSQS Policy and Procedures
- Setting objectives and targets for EHSQS performance and improvement
- Assigning responsibility and authority for EHSQS implementation activities
- Providing the adequate resources needed to implement the Policy
- Ensuring knowledge and skills are developed to effectively apply the EHS systems and standards
- Reviewing the EHSQS system to ensure its continuing suitability, adequacy, effectiveness
- Actively communicating leadership and commitment that is visible to the organization
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions on site. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. The position regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust. In addition, this job also operates in a professional office with routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA")
The Company is committed to complying with the California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA") and all data privacy and laws in the jurisdictions in which it recruits and hires employees. We collect the following categories of personal information for the purpose of hiring the best qualified applicants and to comply with applicable employment laws: Name and contact information; Job preference and work availability; Social Security Number and/or other identification information; Education and qualifications; Employment history and experience; Military service; Reference and background check information, including relevant criminal history and credit history; Social media information; Pre-employment test results; Post-offer medical examination information and results, including drug test results; Voluntary self-disclosure information regarding minority, veteran, and disability status; and Information provided by you during the hiring process.
Tate & Lyle is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of an inclusive workforce.