Corbion develops sustainable solutions to improve the quality of life for people today and for future generations.
Do you like the challenge of helping people to stay safe in their jobs? Do you believe that zero incidents are possible? Are you ready to work on a BRZO site with both labs, production plants and business offices?
As an Environment, Health and Safety specialist you will be a part of a team that is responsible for advising and supporting the planning, implementation, monitoring and optimization of operational processes in the areas of environmental management, health protection and occupational safety. Thereby ensuring that every person on-site can return from work safe and sound and that Corbion complies to relevant Environmental, Safety and Health legislation, customer demands and Corporate Corbion demands.
- Provide sollicited and unsollicited advice thus helping to continuously improve the Environmental, Health and Safety performance of the site.
- Assist with the management of site environmental, health and safety requirements, training, and risk assessments , ensuring all are kept up to date and available.
- Promote a culture that enhances behavioral awareness through coaching and by challenging unsafe practices and behavior both on the work floor as on management level.
- Assist with developing, coordinating and issuing training and instructions regarding variety of EHS topics.
- As an EHS specialist you are working from our office in Gorinchem. You report to the Site EHS Manager.
- An advanced degree in Environmental or Health and Safety Sciences.
- At least 5 years of experience in the (petro)chemical or process industry.
- A track record in chemical management and exposure assessments.
- You master a range of risk assessment methodologies (RI&E, JSA, TRA, HAZOP)
- Most ideally you have previously worked at a BRZO site.
- Experience in dealing with environmental issues (soil, air emissions, hazardous waste) is highly beneficial
- We consider experience with Fire Safety Management and Emergency Response Teams a plus.
- You are fluent in English and Dutch, spoken and written.
- You have a drive for result and will finish what you have started.
We offer a great opportunity for an EHS professional with a background in a Chemical or process environment. You will work in a challenging, multidisciplinary, international working environment. We offer a competitive remuneration with for example collective health insurance.
In the Netherlands, Corbion has been awarded a Top Employer certification in 2020 for the11th consecutive year. Comprehensive independent research revealed that Corbion provides exceptional employee conditions, nurtures and develops talent throughout all levels of the organisation and has demonstrated its leadership status in the HR environment, always striving to optimise its employment practices and to develop its employees.
Corbion is the global market leader in lactic acid, lactic acid derivatives, and a leading company in emulsifiers, functional enzyme blends, minerals, vitamins and algae ingredients. Our sustainable ingredient solutions help differentiate products in markets such as food, home & personal care, animal nutrition, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and bioplastics. With a worldwide network of production facilities, sales offices and agents in more than 100 countries, Corbion is known for quality, product innovation, and customer orientation, as well as for its collegial, informal and results-oriented company culture.