Rich s, also known as Rich Products Corporation, is a family-owned food company dedicated to inspiring possibilities. From cakes and icings to pizza, appetizers and specialty toppings, our products are used in homes, restaurants and bakeries around the world. Beyond great food, our customers also gain insights to help them stay competitive, no matter their size. Our portfolio includes creative solutions geared at helping food industry professionals compete in foodservice, retail, in-store bakery, deli, and prepared foods, among others. Working in 100 locations globally, with annual sales exceeding $4 billion, Rich s is a global leader with a focus on everything that family makes possible. Rich s Infinite Possibilities. One Family.
This Environmental Health & Safety Specialist is responsible for managing and directing occupational safety compliance, environmental compliance, workers’ compensation compliance, training programs and occupational health issues affecting manufacturing Associates at the manufacturing plant level. This position is the direct interface between associate safety activity and management teams.
The EH&S Specialist will:
- Being the Subject Matter Expert on all associate Safety, Plant Environmental and Regulatory matters, provides coaching and support to plant teams.
- Development and implementation of site-specific policies and procedures within corporate guidelines for assigned locations.
- Conducts monthly Safety and Environmental – Regulatory audits of the facility in order to evaluate compliance, identify areas for improvement and communicates them directly to the department managers and the Plant Manager.
- Responsible to ensure local plant activities are being conducted under Regulatory compliance.
- Provide training and/or training materials to hourly associates and team leaders in all safety and regulatory programs, documents and tracks training compliance.
- Leader of the Accident Investigation team, utilizing root cause analysis or similar techniques to prevent similar occurrences.
- Establishes and directs the plant safety shift(s) committees and their activities.
- Main contact with RPC Corporate regarding the Workers Compensation program and back to work policies.
- Administration, documentation and proper filing of OSHA’s Record keeping Standards 29CFR1904, Accident Reports, 300 Log & Form 301, as well as other Regulatory and Safety Compliance documentation.
- Plant contact for our medical clinic, nurse case managers and insurance carrier representative concerning medical restrictions
- Any other duties as assigned by Plant manager.
- Associate#39;s Degree required, Bachelor#39;s Degree preferred with 3-5 years Industrial Safety Experience
- Degree in Occupational Safety or related field preferred with 1-3 years Industrial Safety experience or combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of: OSHA/EPA regulations applicable to General Industry/Construction
- Knowledge of Industrial Hygiene, Labor Relations, Loss Control, Basic Engineering Principles
- Knowledge of state specific Workers’ Compensation Law/Regulations
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and deal with conflicting workload requirements
Rich Products Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates ( Rich s ), are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity, and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Rich s. Please contact Rich s Human Resources department at asc rich.comif you need assistance completing this application or to otherwise participate in the application process.