This position is responsible for the development and implementation of EHSprocesses to ensure a safe and injury-free work environment, provide leadership and direction to ensure the complete implementation of safety and environmental programs and coordinate efforts of plant personnel for continual improvement. This position will work closely with Corporate and Plant Management to ensure regulatory compliance. This position also serves as PSMManager for the facility and will work closely with the Corporate Office in program administration.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and maintains a world class Safety Management program which includeso
- All applicable OSHAmandated programs and standards.
- Assists employees with general concerns and makes recommendations to appropriate personnel to implement needed changes.
- Works with HR Training department all employees on Blues City Brewery Safety Programs.
- Prepares all regulatory submittalsto government agencies.
- Reviews existing Health, Safetyand Environmental policies/systems against current regulations and initiates development of new programs and revises existing ones as necessary.
- Hearing Conservation Policy.oConfined Space Entry Practices.oSupervises, conducts and monitors monthly departmental safety inspections.
- Implements and maintains contractor Safety Manual.
- Develops, improves and trains all departments and employees in company’s emergency response plan to include evacuation plans and procedures.
- Regulatory complianceand governmentalreporting.
- Develops and Maintains company’s HAZCOMProgram which includesoReviews and approves all chemicals utilized in the facility.
- Oversees the entry of and reviews all SDS(Safety Data Sheets)that are part of departmental Safety Manuals.
- Insures that all chemicals are properly labeled.
- Completes Tier IIChemical Inventory Report annually filed with state authorities.
- Provides or procures training resources for the followingo
- Sitting and Standing forklift training
- Respiratory/Air Mask trainingoConfined Space Entry
- Lock out, Tag outoArc FlashoOSHAtraining
- Responsible for Workers Compensation Claims Managementto includeinvestigations into industrial accidents and near misses. Files any necessarypaperwork with the work comp carrier and monitors active and settled claims.
- Establishes and leads the plant Safety Committees.
- Ensures that plant fire extinguishers, sprinklers and alarm systems are in working order at all times.
- Coaches departmental managers, supervisors and employees with regard to occupational health and safety policy.
- Maintains inventory of first aid supplies and personal protective equipment (PPE).
This position description is intended to guide the activities of the EHSManager. It is not intended to limit the thinking and creativity of the person to the work of this function, nor is it intended to describe all the work that may be required of the person in this position.
- BS in Safety, Environmental Sciences, or related field.
- Safety certifications preferred.
- 6+ years’safety experience in a manufacturing setting with demonstrated leadershipability.Experience with large plants (500+ employee)preferred.
- Experience managing a workers compensation program.
- Knowledge of and experience with PSM.
- Strongcomputer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strongverbal and written communication skills.
- Strong reasoning, problem solving, organizational and prioritization skills.
- Must be team oriented, flexible and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35pounds. Specific vision requirements in close vision and the ability to adjust focus.