Home Market Foods (HMF) is a dynamic enterprise that has become the market leader in several prepared meat-based meal and snack categories. The company has grown substantially across its markets through excellence in innovation, manufacturing, and customer service. This success has been nurtured by its ownership group and an expanding team of world-class executives. HMF is building on this track record through complementary acquisitions and a growing number of business development initiatives. HMF’s business model is poised to continue to thrive and offer greater opportunities for its customers and team.
We are based in Norwood, Massachusetts, which is comfortably within the Boston metropolitan area. HMF’s facilities include a state-of-the-art plant, and R&D facility, as well as warehouse and Corporate functions. We are focused on continued growth and are executing against various initiatives that include additional product lines, new sales channels, greater penetration of our extensive customer relationships, as well as opportunistic acquisitions. Our success is directly dependent on attracting and retaining the best possible talent across our functions.
The Environmental, Health and Safety Managerwill develop and lead the implementation of multi-media environmental, health and safety program initiatives. This role will work closely with Operations teams to instill a safety culture that focuses on people’s behaviors, leading by example, fair and just accountability, and servant leadership. The candidate must possess strong background on Environment and Sustainability initiatives to include monitoring, execution and recordkeeping of compliance report for State and Federal (Tier II, Form R, GHG, PSM, etc.).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works as part of an integrated team to develop strategies that promote safety culture in our workforce.
- Develops and facilitates focus EHS training material as part of a compliance calendar.
- Able to identify proper performance metrics, goals and able to develop strategies to promote continuous improvement with the EHS department.
- Analyzes safety and environmental data to produce compliance reports and work with teams on corrective actions.
- Performs safety and environmental sampling and monitoring to include – sampling and monitoring of storm water discharges in support of permit compliance, indoor air quality, noise assessments, non-ionizing radiation monitoring, temperature.
- Oversee site wastewater treatment plant along with hourly operators (3 operators) and manage continuous improvement initiatives for the treatment plant.
- Oversee key environmental programs, recordkeeping and reporting (Air, SPCC, Chemical Management, Wastewater, Noise, Stormwater, Hazardous Material, Sustainability).
- Lead initiatives that drive cost reduction on key environmental waste accounts.
- Serves as a member of Emergency, First Responder team – on call 24-hour basis.
- Reviews and understands complex environmental and safety regulations related to compliance while keeping informed of current and proposed regulations.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental, Health and Safety, Biology, Chemistry or related field with at least 5 years of related experience in a manufacturing facility in an EHS role
- Strong environmental background (Air, SPCC, Chemical Management, Wastewater, Noise, Stormwater, Hazardous Material, Sustainability).
- DEP Southeast region experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be proficient the Microsoft Office Suite of products
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to work in a fast-paced environment while multi-tasking priorities
- Must be able to serve in an on-call capacity
- Proficiency of OSHA, RCRA, DOT regulations are preferred
- Familiarity with HACCP and SQF or other Quality Systems as relating to food manufacturing required
Able to work on sustained basis in cold, high heat environments, ability to climb ladders. Ability to wear as needed safety equipment to include but not be limited to respirator. Ability to lift up to 25lbs.