Environmental Health & Safety Manager
House of flavors, Inc. is looking to add talent to our high performance team. Our success servicing our customer’s demanding needs is driving business growth. Our work culture, production process and technology continuous improvement initiatives are delivering success. You can be a part of this positive change, growth and success.
Enjoy our Lake Michigan waterfront town. It's a small resort town, but with a vibrant sophisticated feel. You can choose urban or rural lifestyle and enjoy a short commute. Relocation assistance will be provided.
SUMMARY: Our new Environmental Health & Safety Manager will be focused on the continued development of our safety culture and driving regulatory compliance with an intense focus on Process Safety Management (PSM). This EH&S Manager will provide leadership, guidance, and enforcement of our MIOSHA compliant employee Safety Management Program, the company’s Process Safety Management Program and our environmental impact strategy. The EH&S Manager will help build positive employee engagement in safety, health, sustainability, and risk mitigation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for organizing, implementing, administering, and maintaining safety and health programs (OSHA PSM, MIOSHA, Industrial Hygiene, Injury and Illness Reporting); and ensuring regulatory compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations as well as company policies and procedures.
- Drives the company’s employee safety program and procedures as measured by internal and external audit compliance, TRCI and DART.
- Drives the company’s Process Safety Management (PSM) program and procedures as measured by internal and external audit compliance. Coordinates closely with Maintenance leadership and HAZMAT champions.
- Leads the required PSM Audit process and facilitates correction or additional precautions to ensure compliance with established regulations.
- Leads the development, implementation, and coordination of PSM and employee safety training programs. Collaborates with Training Department to design and facilitate necessary training.
- Ensures that supervisors, managers, and company employees are trained to better execute their tasks in a safe and healthy manner.
- Develops, publishes, and processes management reports to support a culture of accountability. Uses data to drive Root Cause Problem Solving.
- Researches industry technology and best practices to propose and initiate change.
- Make recommendation with respect to equipment purchase, engineering controls, workspace planning and work process planning.
- Manages, develops, implements, and enforces Management of Change (MOC) procedures covering equipment design, operating procedures, facilities, inspection, testing, and maintenance.
- Develops, implements, and audits written operating procedures, consistent with the Process Safety Information (PSI), that provide clear instructions for safely conducting activities involved in each covered process.
- Collaborates across the enterprise to mitigate risks outlined in Process Hazard Analysis (PHA). Assembles and leads a cross functional PHA team to update and revalidate PHA in compliance with OSHA standard.
To be considered for this role, you will need:
- Education and certification in Industrial Safety, Process Safety Management (PSM) and Environmental impact & sustainability.
- Minimum three to five years of successful experience in an industrial safety capacity. Experience in a food processing and packaging environment is preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of federal and state regulations and best practices regarding PSM compliance, preferably in an Ammonia Refrigeration environment.
- Track record of success managing the details of ES&H programs and initiatives, driving employee engagement, regulatory compliance, and community relations.
- Strong relationship building and communication skills to drive change and commitment.
- Demonstrated success working autonomously and advancing projects and initiatives in a decisive manner.