With minimal supervision, this position is accountable for developing and ensuring the implementation of Environmental Management Systems to ensure compliance with all Federal, State and Local environmental regulations, and City Brewery environmental policies. The position must educate all levels of employees on complex compliance and technical issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Regulatory Compliance. The incumbent works closely with the engineering team and plant personnel to ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local laws, statues, codes, and regulations as well as internal Company policies. For example, a working knowledge of applicable statutory codes (i.e. OSHA, EPA, etc.) is essential. The Environmental Engineer ensures that all activities comply with Company and outside regulatory requirements. Some examples of various requirements include Process Safety Management programs, air pollution prevention, storm water pollution prevention, fire suppression system, and others.
- Waste Management. Manage all wastewater compliance issues, including flow monitoring, reporting to City of Memphis, and wastewater system improvements. Manage all hazardous waste collection and disposal activities. Coordinate sustainability improvements such as recycling.
- Air Quality Management. Ensure compliance with all Air Quality permits conditions and regulations. This includes keeping accurate records, daily monitoring of fuel use and production records, and accurate and timely submittal of all required reports appropriate government agencies.
- Spill Incident Response. Respond to any spill incident, including timely reporting of spills, as required, to appropriate local, state, and federal agencies. Lead initiatives to prevent spills, and conduct periodic spill prevention training to appropriate employees.
- Bachelor#39;s degree or higher in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Environmental Engineering or Chemical Engineering, or a related field. Also, the candidate should have at least 5 years experience in the environmental field including permitting, and wastewater management.
- Working knowledge of state and federal employment law and regulations required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to handle a number of assignments and responsibilities while managing interruptions and changing priorities (multi-task)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook) ? Effective analytical, problem solving, administrative and organizational skills.
This position description is intended to guide the activities of the Environmental Engineer. It is not intended to limit the thinking and creativity of the person to the work of this function, nor is it intended to describe all the work that may be required of the person in this position.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle (or feel) objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision requirements: in close vision and the ability to adjust focus.