Mountaire Farms is a vertically integrated agricultural company headquartered in Millsboro, DE. Over the last decade we have seen significant growth in our business and have established a reputable brand in over 80 countries worldwide. As part of this growth, we are searching for a new member to join our team as an Environmental Compliance Auditor for our Millsboro, DE complex. We are looking for an individual who values hard work, fresh ideas, and a commitment to Operational Excellence. At Mountaire we value trust, respect for each other, communication and sharing information. When our associates are successful, the company is successful.
The Environmental Compliance Auditor will provide specialized expertise in the environmental field to ensure compliance with Federal, State and local laws and regulations. They will ensure environmental compliance by completing all required paperwork and reporting to regulatory agencies. They will also perform internal audits, with proper documentation, in order to maintain compliance. This role will provide direction and support to all operations, as well as motivate and influence employees to be part of the Mountaire team; conducting their activities in an environmentally sound manner, while meeting quality and production goals.
- Support of the environmental programs throughout the company; including regulatory report submissions, permit applications, remedial activities, sampling, audits, etc.
- Internal and external customer relations for environmental matters
- Coordinate and maintain the Environmental Assessment Program(s)
- Maintain the monthly Compliance Calendar for each facility
- Complaint investigations/regulatory responses
- Provide technical support Live Operations
- Project development in the environmental and wastewater areas
- Provide environmental engineering assistance to the Environmental Manager
- Manage company used Environmental System (Intelex)
- Respond to emergency releases at all facilities, including vehicle accidents
- Bachelor of Science degree in an Environmental related field (environmental, engineering, etc.)
- Minimum 2 years#39; environmental experience in Food Industry preferred
- Excellent communication, written, and interpersonal skills
- Intermediate/Expert computer proficiency (Word, Excel, PPT included)
- Ability to travel (scheduled and unscheduled)