For Current Agropur Employees: Please apply for this job through the Career application of your Workday Home Page.
Job Type: Regular
Working at Agropur means being a member of an extended family where simplicity and honesty are part of everyday life, and where the management style is based on integrity, openness and autonomy. You too can join the Agropur family!
Who we are:
We are an employee-focused organization that promotes from within and are looking for enthusiastic, team-oriented employees to join our growing team. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow and earn an extremely competitive wage, Agropur may be the right fit for you!
Founded in 1938, Agropur is a top 20 global dairy processor. In addition to being one of the largest award-winning cheese manufacturers, Agropur is a leader in high quality and diverse nutritional whey proteins. Agropur#39;s 10 US-based, SQF Certified plants are behind some of the most prominent food, beverage, and nutrition brands in the industry. Vertically integrated by design, Agropur provides future-forward solutions in the areas of cheese, ingredients, beverages, and custom contract manufacturing services. "Better Dairy. Better World." www.agropur.com.
What this role is all about:
We are looking for an Engineering Welder/Mechanical Technician primarily stationed in Lake Norden, SD. This position is a member of the Traveling Project Team; providing welding, fabrication and general maintenance support to Agropur US plants.
- Responsible for welding and fabrication of equipment and piping in a dairy manufacturing environment, to include welding, plasma cutting, punching, bending, drilling, shearing, and other metal working processes.
- Perform TIG, MIG and stick welding procedures.
- Familiar with the following welding specifications:
- AWS Specification D18.1 Welding of austenitic stainless steel tube and pipe systems in sanitary (hygienic) applications.
- ASME B31.3 Process pressure piping.
- ASME B31.3 Power Piping.
- Effectively utilize welding and mechanical experience to assist with plant-managed projects.
- Assist Engineering team with welding and fabrication initiatives on Capex projects.
- Work with an internal maintenance department to perform repair duties outside the scope of welding as needed.
What this position offers you:
- Opportunity to cultivate creativity in our growing organization
- Healthy work-life balance
- Excitement of a traveling position with the perks of remaining primarily onsite in Lake Norden, SD
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
The Requirements (Minimum Qualifications):
- Must be able to effectively preform sanitary welding duties.
- Minimum two (2) years of manufacturing and/or industrial maintenance experience required.
- Experience working with blueprints and shop drawings and reading measurements required.
- Good working knowledge of tools, welding, piping practices, and safety required.
- Previous experience as fitter, welder, fabricator, and mechanic required.
- Must have a valid driver#39;s license.
The Extras (Preferred Qualifications):
- Experience as a maintenance mechanic in the dairy manufacturing industry preferred.
- Associate#39;s or Technical Degree in a craftsmanship trade preferre
What Agropur offers you:
- Agropur offers its employees a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package focusing on your physical, financial and emotional health to include the following:
- Health, Dental and Vision options
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a 4% company match
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Health and Wellness Programs to include Wellness Incentives and Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for discretionary bonus#39; and discretionary 401(k) contributions based on Company financial performance.
- Paid Time Off Program, Holiday Pay and Bereavement
- An environment that upholds our five core values: Boldness, Collaboration, Communication, Excellence and Integrity
- Opportunities for advancement
- Training programs
- Employee Referral Program
- Community Involvement
Our Lake Norden, SD, plant is home to approximately 360 employees and boasts a brand new, state of the art cheese and whey facility. We produce mozzarella, provolone, parmesan, romano, asiago, and Monterey Jack cheeses as well as various whey streams.
The Lake Norden, SD, area is known for its beautiful lakes and outdoor activities. There are both small and large towns within the area with great schools and healthcare. You can also visit the Watertown Chamber site www.watertownsd.com for more information on local events.
AA/EEO - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity