Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools, and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We#39;re proud to provide an essential link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 180+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Argentina, and Canada. We have nearly 13,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
The role of the Program Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize programs according to scheduled deadlines and within budget while meeting or exceeding projected business benefits. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members in order to deliver programs according to plan. The Program Manager will work with project executives and design leads to define the program#39;s scope/objectives and manage the program through all phases of Americold PMO methodology. The Program Manager will also provide guidance to program team leads across all program workstreams while implementing Americold and industry best practices.
1. Develops and executes program work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
2. Plans, scripts and executes new business or new facility launches, including the workstreams of People, Systems, and Facility Readiness.
3. Effectively applies PMO methodologies including tollgates, startup checklist adherence, and program standards.
4. Ability to utilize and manage tools like facility ramp-up plan, hiring/training tracker, testing scripts, and key process indicators and reporting to track progress of launch stability.
5. Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities to internal and external resources.
6. Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a program and scope.
7. Prepares for engagement reviews, executive overviews, and quality assurance procedures.
8. Minimizes exposure and risk on programs through contingency planning and risk mitigation.
9. Assigns program tasks and reviews the quality of support provided by the program team members.
10. Manage indirect reports who will be participants on the program while still performing their day-to-day responsibilities in their home department.
11. Manages program review meetings with team members to ensure work progresses as planned and as issues are identified, action plans are put in place to address in an appropriate time frame and escalate as appropriate.
12. Works with program team members to ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
13. Communicate progress against the plan to team members, stakeholders and executives. Develop updates and charts for external customers to review program progress weekly/daily as needed.
14. Partner with process owners and General Managers to fully understand impact of customer requirements or requests and the affect they would have on overall program planning process and/or specific projects.
15. Assist in determination and evaluation of operations best practices and coordinate their subsequent implementation. Provide expertise and guidance to resolve problems encountered during implementations.
16. Support facility go-lives, conversions and/or retrofits as needed; ensure operational readiness to minimize downtime, productivity reductions, and accuracy issues. This includes analytics around staffing, dock door and equipment requirements.
17. Fully responsible for assigned programs, including both driving progress and ensuring deadlines and budget are met and keeping management informed of progress.
18. Manage change control so that as potential scope changes arise, they are each carefully analyzed, reviewed, and appropriately approved.
19. Report program performance tracking that includes measurement against budgeted costs, operational revenue and profitability as define in the overall business case.
20. Support the recruiting, hiring, training, and coaching of management team members.
21. Travel on short notice and possibly for extended periods of times.
22. Other duties and special projects as requested.
Qualifications & Experience:
Education, Training & Professional Experience:
• Bachelor#39;s Degree in Engineering, Operations, Project Management, or related field
• 5+ years of demonstrated Project Management experience; Facility construction experience and/or refrigeration a plus
• Warehouse operations management experience desired, with proven examples of multiple go-live leadership
• Successful track record managing multiple high priority capital investment, customer implementations, and business strategy programs using project/program management methods and tools
• Experience with installing, testing, and commissioning distribution automation including but not limited to AS/RS, mini-load, robotics, and shuttle systems is preferred
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft applications to include Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio and SharePoint (and other process documentation tools)
Knowledge & Employment Standards:
• Ability to communicate professionally, both written and verbally with individuals at all levels of the organization, external contacts, customers and potential customers
• Ability to work in matrix managed environment
• Demonstrates a results-based leadership style with strong impact and influencing skills
• Ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate team and others, maintaining a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of the organization
• Strong financial acumen and business savvy
• Strong analytical skills and process focused problem analysis and problem resolution
• Progressive, flexible and team-oriented approach desired
• Possess a proactive approach with strong customer service orientation
• Demonstrates uncompromising level of integrity and code of ethics and maintain a high degree of confidentiality
• Must be able to travel at an estimated 50-75% of the time to support programs
• Must be willing to travel internationally for multiple durations
• Extended travel including weekends may be required during critical times such as facility launches or international travel
Physical Requirements & Abilities:
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• Requires frequent travel by automobile and airplane up to 75% of the time
• Requires visiting facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
• Frequently carries loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Occasionally works evenings or weekends in order to complete objectives or to attend meetings
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.