Ingredion is hiring a Engineering Manager to manage the Engineering aspects of the Cardinal plant to achieve Safety, Quality, Environmental, Production, and Cost goals. Provide leadership to ensure a safe work environment at Cardinal and the safe design and implementation of capital projects. Collaborate with operations management in the development and implementation of methods to drive continuous improvement in systems and processes throughout Cardinal. Evaluate technological and process advances from around the Ingredion network and industry to assess applicability at the facility. Develop and maintain an organization which is highly skilled, motivated and performs as a results oriented team ensuring stability of current and future plant operations.
As a Engineering Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Promoting a safe work environment and safe work practices as a plant staff leader at all levels of the organization. Integrate safety and environmental aspects into all capital projects.
- Establishing ambitious goals for personal and team accomplishment. Formulate measures and systems to monitor progress toward goal attainment. Initiate different and innovative approaches to addressing organizational opportunities. Evaluate technological and process advances from around the Ingredion network and industry to assess applicability at Cedar Rapids.
- Managing engineering activities that support the continuous improvement and ongoing operation of the plant. Direct and oversee the development, planning and execution of the Capital Expenditure Program (CEP), including preparation of the CEP plan for corporate review ensuring budget is maintained and proper designs; implementation and schedules are met for each project. Lead the preparation and updating of a five-year capital strategy for Cedar Rapids.
- Overseeing supplies and capital purchasing programs and initiatives that effectively support plant operations and its Capital Expenditure program. Align goals and initiatives with North American and Global Procurement.
- Overseeing controls engineering resources to ensure the overall instrumentation, control systems, and documentation systems are capable of supporting quality and production goals of the plant to meet business needs.
Manage the engineering and purchasing teams to drive continuous improvement and process innovation in order to meet or exceed production and cost goals, that in turn lead to meeting or exceeding plan profit performance. Establish clear and meaningful ambitious goals for the organization that are linked to the strategies for the corporation.
Direct, manage and develop a team that is recognized as technical leaders in Ingredion.
Create team environment that delivers innovative process improvements and provides process troubleshooting to resolve complex facility issues.
Create plans to ensure development of technical bench strength for the future.
Assist direct reports with appropriate coaching in order to build their skills and decision making process.
Complete effective performance appraisals for direct reports and give regular and proper feedback.
Develop leadership and management skills in the team required to foster commitment, accountability and professionalism within and organization.
The Engineering Manager position is well-suited for you if you:
- Bachelor#39;s Degree in Engineering.
- 10-15 years of significant experience managing in a manufacturing plant, or a major operation within a manufacturing plant.
- LSS or Six Sigma background, a plus. Strong financial acumen.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage all engineering activities including multiple capital projects and permits in a plant environment. Demonstrated ability to select, develop, and coach employees. Knows how to work effectively with people from different cultures to accomplish business objectives.
- Able to understand and integrate technical and business need into all activities. The ability to identify connections between situations that are not obviously related, grasp keep issues in complex situations and translate into action plans.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
As a Fortune 500 global provider of ingredient solutions, Ingredion offer great careers across various functions. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula. Successful: Grow with a leader. Ingredion is FORTUNE 500 company with consistently strong financial performance. Responsible: Thrive with an organization that lives its values. We drive relentlessly toward sustainable practices and responsible operations wherever we do business. Meaningful: Be proud of where you work and what you do. Ingredion enables innovation in foods, beverages and consumer products that touch lives around the world.