When it comes to being wild, we know a thing or two. We#39;re not afraid of trying something new or the hard work it takes to make it happen. It#39;s in our DNA. We#39;ve turned a family recipe into a new snacking category. And the wilderness into the world#39;s largest meat snack business, that#39;s still proudly family owned and operated.
We#39;re a company built by innovators, and are driven to not only satisfy your hunger, but to also feed your journey whether that journey is on the road, on the run, at the campground, at the playground, in the office or in the moment. It s a journey we share with you. It s the journey forward of our people, of our communities, of our category with a reverence for quality and an irreverence for the status quo.
At Jack Link#39;s Protein Snacks, we see every moment of every day as an opportunity to move forward, to forge new ground. To realize our vision of becoming the World s ##1 Protein Snack Company. We never give up. You never give up. Together, we keep going. Are you wild enough to join us?
Jack Link#39;s Protein Snacks is a global leader in snacking and the No. 1 meat snack manufacturer worldwide. Family-owned and operated with headquarters in Minong, Wisconsin, Jack Link s Protein Snacks also has a large corporate hub in Downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota. The company is made up of over 4,000 passionate team members, across 11 countries, who share an uncompromising commitment to delivering awesome products and feeding the journey of those who move things forward. The Jack Link s Protein Snacks portfolio of brands includes, Jack Link s, Lorissa s Kitchen, MATADOR Jerky, BiFi and Peperami.
As a Engineering and Maintenance Managerfor the Minong, Wisconsin Plantyou will be responsible for designing and executing an effective engineering and maintenance plan. Your will work closely and collaborate with your counterparts to ensure that the plant manufacturing operations are reliable. Daily the Plant Engineer will aid and direct the plant personnel on proper plant procedures and manufacturing methods. You will provide guidance for preventive, predictive, and emergency maintenance procedures to ensure that the plant operations are able to meet output quotas and deadlines. As the Plant Engineer you will conduct operational tests to ensure that designs fall within the expected specifications. You may also conduct operational tests to ensure that designs fall within the expected specifications. You may also design and improve processes to increase plant production efficiency and quality.
You will manage the daily activities of the Maintenance Department to reduce and eliminate downtime through the implementation of a structured maintenance program such as RCM or TPM. Additionally, as a Plant Engineer you will operate as a Project Manager for various tasks such as planning and executing specific engineering projects, designing manufacturing layouts, coordinating equipment selections, interacting with contractors, and evaluating quotes.You will also provide support to ensure that plant operations meet environmental and safety protocols in a cost-effective manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managethe daily activities of the entire Maintenance Department. Responsible for managing and developing the Maintenance Supervisors. Work closely and collaborate with the Plant Manager, Assistant Plant Manager and others in the plant.
- Develop, evaluate, and improve manufacturing methods utilizing knowledge of product design, materials, parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
- Ensurethat the scheduling of maintenance activities is efficient, effective and cost effective.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP s), Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) training, along with company pre-requisite programs, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP s), and Standard Sanitation Operating Procedures (SSOP s).
- Evaluate food processing equipment, building maintenance processes/procedures and food safety procedures to ensure that they are maintained to Jack Link s high standards.
- Manage all capital projects completion as well as vendors and contractors.Reduce and eliminate equipment downtime and defects caused by equipment faults, expand and improve the Preventative Maintenance System.
- Lead the implementation of FMEA on all major pieces of equipment and perform RCFA on major equipment failures to ensure the failures do not recur
- Required Education: BS Degree Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering.
- Preferred Education: Master s Degree
- Required Experience: 7 plus years experience in plant engineering and manufacturing with 2 years of supervisory/ management experience
- Preferred Experience: Food manufacturing experience
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Experience in manufacturing maintenance management, preferably in a food manufacturing plant, with emphasis on automated packaging equipment.
- Technical and supervisory experience in electrical, electronic, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, instrumentation, and automation/robotics.
- Working knowledge of programmable logic controllers (PLC s), computer automation theories, software, and hardware.
- Ability to read, develop, and alter schematic diagrams, equipment and architectural drawings.
- Ability to modify the plant layout of an equipment area to enhance its efficiency or accommodate new equipment.
- Experience managing all maintenance tasks (PM, CM, PdM, etc.), developing and reporting metrics such as MTBF, MTTR, PM completion percentage, and asset costs by utilizing a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Ability to manage projects and negotiate effectively with external vendors and contractors.
- Advanced computer skill including Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to be successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is a plant / office setting with varying degrees of temperatures and noise levels. Exposure to manufacturing equipment movement and wet / slippery floors. Travel may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Jack Link#39;s is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Jack Link#39;s provides the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new Team Member s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. IMPORTANT: If the Government cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, we are required to provide you written instructions and an opportunity to contact SSA and/or DHS before taking adverse action against you, including terminating your employment. We do not use E-Verify to pre-screen job applicants or to re-verify current employees and may not limit or influence the choice of documents presented for use on the Form I-9. In order to determine whether Form I-9 documentation is valid, we use E-Verify s photo screening tool to match the photograph appearing on some permanent resident and employment authorization cards with the official U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) photograph. If you believe that Jack Link s has violated our responsibilities under this program or has discriminated against you during the verification process based upon your national origin or citizenship status, please call the Office of Special Counsel at 1-800-255-7688 (TDD: 1-800-237-2515).
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.