Industrial Manufacturing Company is looking for:
POSITION: Engineering and Maintenance Manager
LOCATION: Manning, Iowa – Zip Code 51455
SALARY: $125-130K + 20% Bonus + Pension after 5 Years
EXPERIENCE: 8-10 Years Manufacturing Background with STRONG Maintenance Leadership along with Capital Project Experience
RELOCATION: Full Relocation Package
The manager is responsible for overseeing/maintaining maintenance, utilities and engineering functions for a single manufacturing facility. The manager is responsible for all aspects of capital and maintenance budgets for the facility including but not limited to the following: Capex budgeting and management; development of long term Capex budgeting; monthly reporting for Capex spend; monthly review of maintenance and facility spend; equipment improvements, equipment reliability; supporting and driving productivity improvements, managing and staffing of the Maintenance department; and energy management.
• Manages a staff a staff of managers, superintendents, supervisors and hourly employees, sets direction and deploys resources. Responsible for performance evaluations, pay reviews, hiring and terminating
• Schedule maintenance activities on daily/weekly/monthly basis
• Develop and manage Capex Programs and report monthly on Capex spend
• Manage and control the Plant maintenance budget and report monthly on spend
• Maintain Capital Assets
• Provide leadership and direction to the maintenance team. Inspire high performance through effective goal setting and performance measurement.
• Implement and institutionalize the Business Unit’s standardized preventive and predictive maintenance system (utilizing TPM, Lean, Six Sigma doctrine).
• Design and cause minimum effort shop floor / warehouse layouts and flow paths.
• Design, implement and institutionalize “best practice” quick change procedures, processes and equipment modifications (SMED).
• Design and cause process and equipment safety modifications (added layers of protection).
• Teach, coach, develop, and effectively deploy all subordinate and connection personnel.
• Perpetuate continuous reduction in waste, downtime, setup/make ready, and cost.
• Troubleshoot process and operations problems utilizing structured problem solving techniques which reveal the root cause of the problem.
• Drive process improvement and problem solving through Lean / Six Sigma principles and root cause analysis.
• Establish a collaborative working relationship with his/her Business Unit connections.
• Track plant equipment reliability programs
• Support, develop and drive productivity improvements
• Implement and drive maintenance skills program
• Ensure environmental and safety compliance for the facility
• Diagnose and solve complex problems
• Work and partner with Plant Leadership team to achieve business goals
What You Bring to the Team
• Degreed preferred with a minimum of 7-10 years manufacturing work experience in a maintenance/engineering leadership role
• Strong background managing multiple levels of manufacturing
• Experience managing a large capital budget (CAPEX)
• Thorough knowledge of environmental and safety Local/State/Federal rules/regulations
Send resume to CONEAL@Judge.com