Corbion is the global market leader in lactic acid, lactic acid derivatives, and a leading company in emulsifiers, functional enzyme blends, minerals, vitamins and algae ingredients. We develop sustainable ingredient solutions to improve the quality of life for people today and for future generations. For over 100 years, we have been uncompromising in our commitment to safety, quality, innovation and performance. Drawing on our deep application and product knowledge, we work side-by-side with customers to make our cutting edge technologies work for them. Our solutions help differentiate products in markets such as food, home & personal care, animal nutrition, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and bioplastics. We have factories in the Netherlands, Spain, Brazil, Thailand and the United States. Corbion has a worldwide network of sales offices and agents in more than 100 countries. Quality, product innovation, and customer orientation are important attributes for our client, which is also characterized by being a collegial, informal and result-oriented company culture.
In the medical and pharmaceutical market, Corbion Biomaterials (formerly known as Purac Biomaterials) is the market leader in the production of resorbable polymers and high-strength, degradable biocomposites (FiberLive™) for the medical device and pharmaceutical industry. Our resorbable polymers and biocomposites are used to produce orthopedic implants, drug delivery systems, and wound closure applications. Corbion Biomaterials is now hiring a Sr. Polymer Process Engineer to develop high-strength resorbable composite biomaterials for the orthopedic market. This position will join the FiberLive development team and be located at the Corbion Biomaterials facility in Tucker, GA, USA..
The Sr. Polymer ProcessEngineer will be the technical lead for new and existing processes that involve melt processing of polymeric biomaterials.This role is responsible for concept development, equipment design and installation, vendor management, and process development and optimization.A primary focus for the Sr. Polymer Process Engineer is to develop and maintain know-how and intellectual property within their respective area of expertise to support business objectives and sustain future growth.This position will work within a cross-functional team that includes other technical staff, as well as, members from quality, operations, project management, and business development to transition products from concept to commercial launch.This is an excellent opportunity to impact the medical device industry by developing innovative biomaterials by using novel processing techniques.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute as the polymer processing subject matter expert within cross-functional project teams through all phases of the product development process, including feasibility, process validation, and product launch.
- Hands on design and development of polymer processes and equipment to meet business objectives for new product introductions.
- Provide hands on technical support for equipment qualification and process validation.
- Conduct sample material runs in support of customer evaluations
- Assist in developing documents, specs, protocols, SOPs, batch records, work instructions and test procedures.
- Work with outside development partners to assist with their polymer processing development effort.
- Suggest solutions to manufacturing challenges based on experimental data and implement those recommendations working closely with Operations.
- Develop and protect intellectual property associated with product or processes within their area of expertise.
- Maintain compliance to applicable regulatory requirements and internal quality policies
- Master#39;s of Science degree in Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Plastics Engineering, Bioengineering, or related field, with a minimum of5 years post graduate industrial experience. Ph.D. level candidates desired.
- Demonstrated ability to develop products and processes using a broad knowledge base in polymer engineering/processing, polymer characterization, and product performance testing.
- Working knowledge of ISO, ASTM, GDP, cGMP, and design controls is highly desirable.
- Significant experience with one or more of the following polymer processing techniques is required: injection molding, profile extrusion, thermoplastic pultrusion, compounding, and/or fiber production.
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills is a requirement.
- Experience using design of experiments and the implementation of six sigma principles to optimize processes is highly desirable.
- Ability to plan and execute innovative, multi-disciplinary research and technology development projects within predefined specifications and deadlines.
- Ability to independently interact with tool makers to provide inputs to the design and manufacturing of tools and dies.
- Experience processing biomaterials, especially resorbablepolymers is a plus.
- Familiarity with the Orthopedic and/or Medical Device Industry, ISO 13485, and other applicable regulations for medical device product development is beneficial for success in this role.
HOW TO APPLY:
The method for applying for this vacancy is online via the Corbion careers page at www.corbion.com.
Corbion is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered equally without regard to race, color, ethnicity, veteran status, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, handicapping condition, membership in an organization or any other non-merit factors.
Corbion provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Corbion Human Resources department. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.
Corbion does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. All candidates must be submitted by approved Corbion vendors who have been expressly requested to make a submission by our Talent Acquisition team for a specific job opening. No placement fees will be paid to any firm unless such a request has been made by the Corbion Talent Acquisition team and such candidate was submitted to the Corbion Talent Acquisition Team.