Hostess Brands, LLC, is a large packaged food company focused on developing, manufacturing, marketing, selling and distributing fresh baked sweet goods in the United States such as Ding Dongs®, Ho Hos®, Donettes® and Fruit Pies, in addition to Twinkies®, CupCakes, Voortman#39;s Cookies and Wafers.
Hostess Brands is currently recruiting for an Electrical Control Engineer with systems integration and industrial automation experience to join our team in Emporia, KS.
The Electrical Control Engineer will provide automation support to the facility in the electrical, instrumentation and controls disciplines primarily for batch, continuous processes and packaging systems. The individual will work with electrical and mechanical maintenance, operations, safety, and QA personnel to help deliver the site#39;s business objectives utilizing their technical skills to contribute.
- Performing Design of Automation control systems, requirements which will include; review specifications and standard practices
- Install and technical support of PLC based hardware and software
- Troubleshoot and eliminate control systems issues and handle controls projects.
- Extend start up support and training for control and monitoring systems.
- Execute wireless communication systems for manufacturing.
- Create system map layouts, sequence of operations, drawing packages, PLC logic, and HMI screens
- Assisting in installation oversight
- Start-up and Debug machines
- Associates Degree in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent relevant work experience.
- 1 - 3 years of industry experience working for a manufacturing company that includes electrical troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of System Architecture, including non-standard material, control panel power requirements and/or distribution
- Ability to work with Rockwell logic software platforms required.
- Capable of reviewing the specifications and standard practices (internal hardwired and logic standards, general specifications and scope of work)
- Robotics experience required
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work independently and in a team atmosphere
- Manufacturing Environment
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS :
- The employee must have the ability to sit, stand, walk, kneel, squat, bend, reach, push, pull, twist, crawl, climb stairs/ladders, and be able to lift to a maximum of 50 pounds.