We can’t do what we do best – make our great-tasting sausage products – unless our equipment is running well and reliably. This is where you’ll do your part to make Johnsonville great, by keeping our machines, lines and facilities running. You and your maintenance teammates will be responsible for all production and industrial refrigeration equipment, as well as our electrical and controls systems. You’ll also work closely with our engineers and production members to make important upgrades to our production machinery, as innovate and grow our business.
Why This Is A Great Job For A Person Who Accepts Nothing Less Than Personal Greatness
Your contribution will ensure that Momence Packing Company products are of the highest quality and meet our defined standards of safety. You’ll learn about a variety of processes, expanding your existing knowledge for application into the business of making sausage. There is unlimited opportunity for growth as you become an active contributor to the Maintenance Team and assist your team in the quest for continual improvement.
The successful candidate will ensure compliance with safety, quality, and sanitation requirements. In addition, this candidate will establish and sustain effective relationships with all Members so that they may work together to promote innovation and cooperation in order to solve problems.
- Troubleshoot electrical and mechanical problems on various production and utility equipment and apply RCA (Root Cause Analysis) techniques to improve and eliminate future problems
- Maintain facilities and equipment to meet Momence Packing Company, OSHA and U.S.D.A. standards
- Engage in continuous improvement efforts as they relate to equipment and process
- Work on projects (i.e. machining, fabrication, Capital projects and work with outside vendors)
- Use SAP-PM software to collect technical data for the development of better preventative maintenance information in SAP
- Perform Preventive Maintenance and repair of all production and building equipment
- Assist with new equipment installation and/or equipment relocation and modification
- Be part of teams that implement ideas to improve the uptime of plant equipment through equipment modifications, layout adjustments, and general machine maintenance
- Member must be highly motivated with high expectations
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Journeyman Cardholders or other electrical certifications, degrees, or training coursework strongly preferred but not required. Others will be considered.
- Candidates with Electrical Journeyman certifications are strongly encouraged to apply
- 2 years of Industrial maintenance experience is preferred but not required (electrical troubleshooting, welding, machining, metal fabrication skills specific to stainless steel a plus); Candidates with less than 2 years’ experience are still encouraged to apply.
- Experience with low and high voltage electrical systems is a plus
- Experience with programmable logic controllers (PLCs) is a plus
- Strong Electrical, PLC troubleshooting, Frequency Drives, and Servo experience/understanding is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of conveyor systems, motors, bearings, power transfer systems and gearbox systems preferred
Skills and Competencies
- Understand the difference between AC/DC circuits as well as how to measure each of them
- Ability to understand different circuits (ie; safety circuits, relay logic circuits, PLC, and start / stop circuits)
- Ability to safely understand and modify / repair, control wiring to enhance or update components
- Ability to identify the major components in a control panel and describe what each does
- Strong computer skills required
- Ability to learn parts/inventory system using SAP for both production and building equipment information
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Must be willing to share skills to help develop others
- Must be highly motivated and possess a high level of expectations
- Willingness to learn and support Continuous Improvement efforts, Asset Management, Maintenance, Product Quality, Safety and Operational Efficiency initiatives
- Committed to providing a high level of detail and pride towards equipment, projects, general housekeeping and maintaining all shop/utility areas in a neat/orderly fashion
- Member must have an unending commitment to personal and professional development through technical and non-technical efforts
- Understanding of SAP-PM or other CMMS software is a plus
- Ability to perform responsibilities in a safe and efficient manner
- Comply with GMP and safety rules at all times
- Must be willing to work in varying temperatures, both cold and warm conditions
- Must be able to lift up to 60 lbs
- Physical demands for this position require walking or standing most of the time
We value the diversity of our workforce and we embrace the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment. M/F/Vet/Disability
Johnsonville values the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country. We support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses.