We can’t do what we do best – make our great-tasting sausage products – unless our equipment is running well and reliably. This is where you’ll do your part to make Johnsonville great, by keeping our machines, lines and facilities running. You and your maintenance teammates will be responsible for all production and industrial refrigeration equipment, as well as our electrical and controls systems. You’ll also work closely with our engineers and production members to make important upgrades to our production machinery, as innovate and grow our business.
Johnsonville Sausage Job Posting
Direct Hire Posting
You will be directly involved in the Reliability and Maintenance of the equipment and processes we use to produce our great tasting sausage. This position will not only be involved in maintaining current equipment, but it will allow you to apply Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) techniques and concepts on our way to helping Johnsonville become the "Best Company in the World."
- $25.56-33.87 pay range
- $1/hr shift premium for 2nd and $1.25 per hour for 3rd shift
- Immediate eligibility for monthly bonus program, potentially adding on average $3/hour to your hourly wage
- Outstanding insurance package including medical, dental, vision & prescription drug coverage
- Opportunity for growth
- Apply RCM techniques to improve the performance of a variety of production equipment
- Perform maintenance of utility equipment
- Troubleshoot electrical and mechanical problems on various production and utility equipment and apply RCA techniques to improve and eliminate future problems
- Work on projects (i.e. machining, fabrication, Capital projects and working with outside vendors)
- Help gather information to create technical equipment data for development of preventative maintenance information for SAP
- Assist with new equipment installation and/or equipment relocation
- Maintain facilities and equipment to meet Meadowside, OSHA and U.S.D.A. standards
- Be part of teams that implement ideas to improve uptime of plant equipment through equipment modifications, layout adjustments, and general machine maintenance
- Member must be highly motivated with high expectations
- Preventive maintenance of all plant equipment
- Improve uptime on plant equipment through machine modification, layout adjustments, and general machine maintenance.
- Maintain all utility areas in a neat/orderly fashion.
- Industrial maintenance experience is preferred
- Basic Electrical experience/understanding is required.(PLCs are a plus.) Willingness to learn is essential.
- Experience in ammonia refrigeration, heating, ventilation and air conditioning and steam generation (boiler), is a plus.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Basic computer skills required
- External Candidates Only: Ability to pass a pre-employment, post offer drug screen, physical and background check.