We can t do what we do best make our great-tasting sausage products unless our equipment is running well and reliably. This is where you ll do your part to make Johnsonville great, by keeping our machines, lines and facilities running. You and your maintenance teammates will be responsible for all production and industrial refrigeration equipment, as well as our electrical and controls systems. You ll also work closely with our engineers and production members to make important upgrades to our production machinery, as innovate and grow our business.
Why This Is A Great Job For A Person Who Accepts Nothing Less Than Personal Greatness
Your contribution will ensure that Johnsonville products are of the highest quality and meet our defined standards of safety. You ll learn about a variety of processes, expanding your existing knowledge for application into the business of making sausage. There is unlimited opportunity for growth as you become an active contributor to the Maintenance Team and assist your team in the quest for continual improvement.
You will be directly involved in the Reliability and Maintenance of the equipment and processes we use to produce our great tasting sausage. This position will not only be involved in maintaining current equipment, but it will allow you to apply Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) techniques and concepts on our way to helping Johnsonville become the "Best Company in the World."
Why choose a career with Johnsonville?
- Great Company Culture
- You will become a Member of a Team and not just an employee
- We believe in the guiding principles of respect, trust, integrity, caring, ownership, appreciation, candor, humility, and innovation
- Opportunity for growth
- Great Compensation program
- Great Base Pay
- Monthly Bonus program eligibility immediately after hire with NO annual cap!
- Outstanding insurance package including medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage after 60 days
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Gym Membership Incentives
- 401K eligibility after 90 days
- Discounted Johnsonville products
- Apply RCM techniques to improve the performance of a variety of production equipment
- Perform maintenance of utility equipment
- Troubleshoot electrical and mechanical problems on various production and utility equipment and apply RCA techniques to improve and eliminate future problems
- Work on projects (i.e. machining, fabrication, Capital projects and working with outside vendors)
- Help gather information to create technical equipment data for development of preventative maintenance information for SAP
- Assist with new equipment installation and/or equipment relocation
- Maintain facilities and equipment to meet Johnsonville, OSHA and U.S.D.A. standards
- Be part of teams that implement ideas to improve uptime of plant equipment through equipment modifications, layout adjustments, and general machine maintenance
- Member must be highly motivated with high expectations
- Preventive maintenance of all plant equipment
- Maintain/monitor inventory system for plant and utility equipment
- Improve uptime on plant equipment through machine modification, layout adjustments, and general machine maintenance
- Maintain all utility areas in a neat/orderly fashion
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Industrial maintenance experience is required
- Experience in ammonia refrigeration, heating, ventilation and air conditioning and steam generation (boiler), is a plus
Skills and Competencies
- Basic Electrical experience/understanding is required (PLCs are a plus.) Willingness to learn is essential
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Basic computer skills required
- Ability to perform responsibilities in a safe and efficient manner
- Comply with GMP and safety rules at all times
- Good Communication
- Decision making
- Must be able to lift up to 80 lbs.
- External Candidates Only: Ability to pass a pre-employment, post offer drug screen, physical and background check
2nd shift 2:00pm - 11:00pm (Overtime as production demands)
$25.92 - $36.14 plus an additional $1 per hour shift premium
How to Apply:
External candidates: Apply on line at http://jobs.johnsonville.com
We value the diversity of our workforce and we embrace the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment. M/F/Vet/Disability
Johnsonville values the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country. We support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses.