The role of the Industrial Electrician is to properly install, service, repair, adjust, and maintain equipment to ensure the safe electrical operation of all machinery and plant facilities. This could be on any shift
- Read, write and follow manufacturer’s manuals on installation, maintenance, repair and overhaul of electrical. Must be able to size and calculate jobs with a knowledge and understanding of N.E.C.
- Read, understand, interpret and draw electrical schematics and blueprints. Must know shop math and interpret blueprints and schematics.
- Ensure shop and surrounding areas are kept clean by the removal of all debris in work areas, workbenches, break rooms, all floors and the same are free of liquids, oils and dirt. Ensure a safe work environment by elimination of unsafe acts or conditions.
- Thorough knowledge of plant electrical layout, wiring, parts, supplies, circuits and controls.
- Broad experience in the electric trade including the installation, testing, inspection, maintenance and repair of electrical distribution, control and transmission equipment (Three Phase 480, 220, and 110 volts and programmable controls.
- Perform assigned tasks efficiently with minimum supervision as directed by management.
- Must be able to trouble-shoot and diagnose problems.
- Other duties as requested.