Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Electrician is responsible for maintaining existing electrical system infrastructure to ensure a safe electrical environment is provided for all employees, contractors, etc. The Electrician also maintains facilities and production equipment to operate in the safest and most productive condition, supporting continuous improvement, production strategies, and plant reliability strategies.
Essential Job Duties (Most important job duties explained clearly and concisely. If mandatory overtime is required, please list that here.)
- Understands and adheres to governmental regulatory programs and policies. These may include but are not limited to National Electrical Code, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Uniform Building Code (UBC), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 70, National Electric Code, NFPA 70B Electrical Maintenance, NFPA 70E Arc Flash Electrical Safety, NFPA 79 Electrical Standard For Industrial Machinery and local government environmental agency policies.
- Practices and complies with all plant and maintenance department safety procedures, including but not limited to: Lock-Out - Tag-Out; Arc Flash and Hot Work Permits.
- Understands the concept of Permit Required Confined Spaces and assists with proper alternate entry of re-classified confined spaces when necessary.
- Follows all applicable good manufacturing practices (GMP's) for area assigned.
- Maintains and uses appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) in accordance with OSHA, food handling before and after equipment inspection and repair activities.
- Attends classes, seminars, and in-house training as needed to maintain skill level with changes in the industry.
- Makes improvements and suggestions to optimize maintenance program.
- Executes and document planned and unplanned work findings and data during shift via computerized maintenance management system (CMMS). Execution and resolution of equipment breakdowns/repairs.
- Leverages methodologies including, but not limited to: root cause analysis (RCA), break down failure analysis (BDA) and cause maps to identify and resolve equipment issues.
- Utilizes predictive maintenance technologies to identify failures and takes correct follow-up actions. Predictive maintenance technologies include ultrasound, thermal imaging, Electrical and current analysis.
- Documents the cause of the failure and works with maintenance team, planner, supervisor, or other team members to take action to prevent a reoccurrence of the failure.
- Understands and interprets technical documents and diagrams which include but are not limited to: factory manuals, blueprints, schematics, Single Line Electrical Drawings, mechanical and electrical equipment schematics, pneumatics, hydraulics, and Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID’s), and etc.
- Performs basic functions such as running conduit and piping to specifications.
- Capable of calibrate and set-up instrumentation.
- Applies industry knowledge to identify aging and obsolete automation hardware.
- Understands and uses code for troubleshooting Programmable Logic Controller (PLC’s), Human Machine Interface (HMI’s), Variable Frequency Drive (VFD’s), etc.
- May perform other duties as required.
Statement of Coverage (In absence of incumbent, outline who will perform the essential duties and responsibilities; applicable for Quality Supervisors and Managers only.) N/A
Scope of Responsibility (List Title(s) of Jobs Supervised, Authority to act, number of employees supervised, sales volume $, projected budget $, level of decision making or impact of decisions made to the organization. An organizational chart should be included with job description when submitted)
- This position does not have direct supervisory responsibilities.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements (Knowledge, skills, and abilities normally required for competent performance in the job – writing skills, communication skills, analytical skills, attention to detail, license, specific technical skills, etc. List licenses or professional certifications required for the job.)
- Read, comprehends, and carries out detailed written or oral instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Write and present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Communicate/interact with all levels of employees in a professional manner. Work and function as a team member in a team-based environment.
- Perform simple arithmetic functions including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division of whole numbers, decimals, fractions, and mixed numbers. Measure using devices. Convert measurements from feet/inches to decimals and vice versa. Draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Use a computer for data entry and documentation of maintenance findings on work orders. In some cases, upload and download of technical manuals and specifications from CMMS or internet. Must be able to use a basic calculator
- Effectively work and function in a team based collaborative environment.
- Requires attention to detail, mechanical ability and ability to multi-task. Must be able to make good decisions under pressure.
- Ability to resolve problems involving multiple variables in high stress situations.
Education and Experience (Minimum and preferred educational requirements, years of experience needed to successfully perform the job – High School or GED, High School plus specialized vocation or technical education, college degree)
- High School Diploma or GED; a minimum of 2 years of experience in a manufacturing facility (Food & Beverage preferred) performing electrical maintenance duties, inspections, troubleshooting and repairs required. Where applicable, must pass an electrical comprehension test.
- Some college or formal technical school education with demonstrated aptitude and skills in electrical maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Experience with mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, steam and chiller applications.
- 4+ years of experience as an Industrial maintenance electrician.
Professional Licenses or Certifications (List professional licenses or certificates required for the job)
- Obtain and maintain all applicable state permits and/or licenses.
- Massachusetts requires a Journeyman license.
- Must be forklift certified or able to obtain forklift, aerial lifts certification.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
Physical Demands (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job)
- Sitting -Occasionally
- Standing -Frequently
- Walking - Frequently
- Driving -Seldom
- Using hands - Continuously
- Climbing -Frequently
- Stooping, Kneeling -Frequently
- Talking, Hearing-Frequently
- Tasting, Smelling -Occasionally
- Up to 10 pounds -Frequently
- Up to 25 pounds - Frequently
- Up to 50 pounds -Occasionally
- More than 50 pounds with assistance -Occasionally
- More than 100 lbs -Seldom/Never, Occasionally
Work Environment (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while successfully performing the essential functions of the job)
- Subject to indoor facility and outdoor weather conditions, dust, noise, heat/cold.
- Temperature -Fair
- Ventilation -Good
- Vibration -Fair
- Noise -Fair
Travel Required (Indicate type of travel and % of time travel is required)
Minimal travel may be required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.