Mizkan America, Inc
Location: Owensboro, KY
Job Title: Maintenance Electrical Technician
Reports To: Maintenance Shift Supervisor
FLSA Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
COMMENTS: This job description reflects assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
SUMMARY: Work in self-direct mode, accountable to Maintenance supervisor. Install and wire 3-phase distribution hardware, machine controls and switches, miscellaneous control and timing devices, lighting systems, etc., in accordance with specifications, schematic drawings and/or detailed instructions. Program and troubleshoot PLC based systems. Diagnose, isolate, and repair electrical, electronic, and instrumentation malfunctions to include the replacement and adjustment of components, integral units, motors, controls, standard devices, and gear. Make emergency repair when necessary to offset excessive downtime and production days. Requisition materials from prepared layouts and assist to maintain replacement parts inventory. Observe and comply with safety rules, utilizing extreme care on troubleshooting and repairs. Will observe good housekeeping standards. Use appropriate test instruments, gear, and equipment to test and ensure compatibility and safety of all circuits, components, switches, controls, etc., to assure performance quality and operation. Ethernet experience is preferred. May also be assigned responsibilities in the area of ammonia refrigeration and related systems. Willingness to participate in, and ability to learn from, Company sponsored training programs and self-study, to supplement on-the-job experience toward the development of skills. Must provide leadership in the advancement of continuous improvement throughout the manufacturing area.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Equivalent to two-year degree vocational school education supplemented by maintenance training and/or experience to be competent and proficient in the electrical maintenance trade. Should be able to read electrical schematics, have knowledge of shop mathematics, and use of measuring tools. Must present verifiable documentation to support vocational and technical training. High school diploma and minimum 5 years experience as an industrial electrician may be considered in lieu of vocational degree.
- Minimum of five years applicable industrial electrical craft experience preferred.
- Maintenance associates must also meet the following requirements.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with individuals and groups at all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong Computer Literacy skills.
- Ability to travel.
- Willingness and flexibility to adapt to changing business needs and deadlines.
- Ability to exhibit a professional business-like appearance and demeanor.