Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it#39;s second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
Maintain plant equipment so it operates as efficiently as possible.
Perdue offers competitive pay, medical, dental, prescription drugs and vision; life and disability insurance; 401(K) with a company paid match; convenient access to primary health care through our on-site Wellness Centers; and paid vacation and holiday time.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform preventive maintenance on assigned equipment to prevent downtime during production.
- Repair and/or replace equipment when it breaks down, as quickly as possible to prevent downtime during production.
- Give direction to class “B” and “C” mechanics in the installation, repair and maintenance of all equipment, machinery, and plant facilities.
- Adhere to all safety requirements. Wear required personal protective equipment. Prevent and report unsafe acts and conditions.
- Perform any other duties assigned by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Vocational/technical school or equivalent training
- Three (3) to four (4) years practical experience.
- Must score 70% or better on Maintenance MultiCraft Aptitude test to meet minimum qualifications.
- Specialized or technical knowledge, credentials or licensing required for the position.
- Must have sufficient knowledge and training to interpret blueprints, drawings, and technical manuals.
- Reading, writing, math and analytical skill required.
Three (3) to four (4) years of prior and related experience is preferred to be considered for this position
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
The environmental factors and/or physical requirements of this position include the following:
Standing and/or walking for 8 hours on wet, dry, moist, and/or greasy floors: surfaces include concrete, metal, or grating up to 4 hours at a single interval. Working from ladders. Exposure to and work in temperatures less than 40 degrees to greater than 90 degrees Fahrenheit with up to 100 percent humidity. Noise exposure of less than 110 dba. Light range greater than 50 to less than 100 foot candles. Bending, twisting, lifting, reaching, sitting, and grasping varies in repetitions, distance, degrees, angle, weight, heights, longest intervals of time, objects grasped, and body position depending upon the maintenance task being performed. Exposure to chlorinated water greater than 50ppm ammonia vapors less than 5ppm, dry ice, caustic detergents, lubricating oils, hydraulic oils, salts, and other chemicals typically found in a poultry processing plant. Must use and/or wear protective and safety equipment required for the job.
Perdue family of companies is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.